Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Performance Anxiety

Hunt LindHunt Lind Member

I have been reading horror stories of people scoring like -7 points from their average PT scores before the test. I am content with my PT average and my scores have been very consistent, but I'm terrified by these stories of people underperforming significantly on test day. Is this even a common thing, to have your PT average that radically different than your LSAT score???

Comments

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@"Hunt Lind" said:
    I have been reading horror stories of people scoring like -7 points from their average PT scores before the test. I am content with my PT average and my scores have been very consistent, but I'm terrified by these stories of people underperforming significantly on test day. Is this even a common thing, to have your PT average that radically different than your LSAT score???

There is really no point in worrying about this. It's possible to score below your average and its also possible to score above your average. Just do your best and do it with confidence. You have to believe you will be in the later half of the category or you will lose your confidence and for sure end up scoring below your average. Confidence and a belief in your abilities is a must to score well on LSAT.

Good luck!

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    edited June 2017 2301 karma

Like @Sami said there is no point to worrying about it. It can only serve to hurt you by acting like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

You have put the work in, your PT scores are consistent, and you are ready for this test. Go in with confidence and earn that top score. Good luck!