Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommendation Letters

melissa091melissa091 Alum Member
edited August 2018 in General 150 karma

Fairly new here!
I had originally intended to apply for the Fall '17 semester but that has been pushed back to Fall '18. However, I already had recommendation letters from my professors uploaded to LSAC earlier this year. Since they are most likely dated a year early, any advice on what I should do? Am I overthinking it as with everything else?!:)
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7292 karma

Your letters are fine! It's okay if they're a year old. If you want, you can ask the professors to update the date—but it's not a big deal.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"david.busis" said:
    Your letters are fine! It's okay if they're a year old. If you want, you can ask the professors to update the date—but it's not a big deal.

Yup! Not that I have to give Dave, a master of admissions my ok, but you will be fine!

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    1091 karma

Just for some extra reassurance, the LSAC website explicitly states that you can use LORs from one cycle for the next. Their only caveat is that it might be polite to check with the writers that this is OK.

• SimbatronSimbatron Member
    175 karma

What about personal statements? Thoughts?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Simbatron said:
    What about personal statements? Thoughts?

I mean I would give it an edit. I'm sure you've become a better writer in a year, or at the very least can phrase something better. Perhaps even add something more!