Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study Plan Suggestions

lsatstudierlsatstudier Alum Member
in General 151 karma

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone would have any ideas/suggestions for study plans in preparing for the September exam. I have gone through the CC and have been taking PT's but am looking for new ideas.

Thanks!

Comments

• Zachary_PZachary_P Member
    edited June 2017 659 karma

Hello! Tell us a little more about how your preparations have gone thus far. How far away are you, on average, from scoring your desired score when you PT? What does your blind review process look like? What are your strengths and weaknesses?

Without knowing the answers to these, I'm going to say it's still safe to suggest a few things. 1) Master logic games. These should be free points by September. 2) Take blind review seriously. Write out an explanation for literally every AC for every question you circled. This is how you'll uncover where your more fundamental gaps in understanding the logic of the LSAT are. 3) Re-vist the CC to address said fundamental gaps. These can sometimes reveal themselves in the form of a specific question type or game type. Other times it'll be more nit-picky things like questions with conditional logic or grammar-dense stimuli. To get to the core of these specific weaknesses, you'll have to be brutally honest and attentive during BR. Truly ask yourself after each question, "Why did I miss this question?" The answer is what you need to study from the CC.

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

echoing what Zach said above, what is/are your current method(s) of studying? what are you currently scoring? what is your target score?

• lsatstudierlsatstudier Alum Member
    151 karma

@Zachary_P and @Freddy_D Thank you so much for your replies. I am looking for ideas for after Blind Review and having structure to study sessions. What have you done to give you the most increase in your score?

2983 karma

You are further along in the study process than I am, so I am not sure I am the best source; however, I believe @"Cant Get Right" has a much lauded post-curriculum study plan that could be very helpful in your case. He can chime in or maybe you could message him directly.

• Zachary_PZachary_P Member
    659 karma

@Freddy_D said:
    You are further along in the study process than I am, so I am not sure I am the best source; however, I believe @"Cant Get Right" has a much lauded post-curriculum study plan that could be very helpful in your case. He can chime in or maybe you could message him directly.

Yes, I second this! He also has an excellent webinar on the post-CC process that sums up a fantastic way to approach your post-CC studies.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27853 karma

The main thing at this point is making sure you're taking PTs with purpose, and not just burning through them. If you're just out of the curriculum, about one PT a week will be pretty good. After you've BR'd, make sure you're going back to all of your errors and deliberately thinking about why you made the mistakes you made that led to missing each question. And the answer is usually more complex than simply question type, so really get in there and dig deep. Once you've done that, use that insight to identify exactly what you need to study in order to do better next time. Then, study. When you feel like you've substantial improvements in those areas, that's when you take the next PT. And the post CC webinar should be posted soon, so keep an eye out for that!

• lsatstudierlsatstudier Alum Member
    151 karma
    2983 karma

No problem. Good luck with your studies!