Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where do I find directions for personal statement?

rajanjc92rajanjc92 Alum Member
in General 41 karma

Law school admissions have personal statements you must complete to apply. However, many have different requirements such as "2-5 pages" or "250 word max," so I am assuming you cant really write a generic one because it might violate those directions (for example 250 word max is about a page). A lot of schools I have looked up dont seem to have any directions or even mention personal statement on their law admissions page (WashU for example). Where do you find out the specific directions for the personal statement?

Comments

• Zachary_PZachary_P Member
    659 karma

Hey @rajanjc92 I'm also interested in applying to Wash U. I found this on their website:

"All applicants must submit a personal statement, approximately 2-3 pages in length. Successful applicants have written about significant experiences and sources of personal motivation."

I've run into the same problem as you though in terms of finding requirements for personal statements. 7sage lists the requirements for the T14 here: https://7sage.com/lesson/essay-requirements-for-t-14-schools/

Otherwise, I've had the best luck just googling something like "Wash U STL law personal statement" and playing around with the various search engine results from there. I find this to be easier than navigating some law schools' websites trying to find it.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma

Go into LSAC and open the applications for the schools you plan on applying to. There will be very clear and extensive directions for the application as a whole, and they will specify PS length and sometimes other guidelines as well.