Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bombed LR section

ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
in General 513 karma

I've been doing pretty good with LR getting 4/5 correct consistently. However I took prep test 36 and completely bombed section 1 with 7/26 with 3 min remaining. Obviously I was going too fast, but this is pretty discouraging. Any ideas?

Comments

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

do you mean you were getting 4/5 incorrect per section? Your post says 4/5 correct. And you just got 7/26 correct on PT 36?

And also... elephant in the room... your user name

• ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
    513 karma

Ive consistently been getting 4/5 correct during practice, but on PT 36 I got 7/26.

& haha ;)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Connie Lingus" said:
    Ive consistently been getting 4/5 correct during practice, but on PT 36 I got 7/26.

& haha ;)

LMAO @ the username.

Yeah, getting 7/26 correct can be discouraging, especially when you were nailing 4 out of 5 on drills. When you blind reviewed the section, did you notice you were misunderstanding certain question types? Is this the first time you've done a timed test or section?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Also, I forgot to ask, but how did you do on the 2nd LR section?

513 karma

The question types were pretty scattered. I just did another drill and got 10/10... Maybe I'm just psyching myself out.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Connie Lingus" said:
    The question types were pretty scattered. I just did another drill and got 10/10... Maybe I'm just psyching myself out.

That's pretty odd. Are you doing these drills timed?

513 karma

I got 21/26 on the second section. Timed. In a much better mood now :smiley:

• Harrison_PavHarrison_Pav Alum Member
    218 karma

Did you just finish the Core Curriculum? I know for me my first diagnostic test was pretty bad, but after I took the CC, my PT 36 was worse than my diagnostic. I think this was because I was still learning to reshape my intuitions to learn how to truly approach a SA question or RRE question for example. After about 3 or 4 test I think you'll start to see a gradual improvement in your score. After PT 36 I would take it easy on yourself and not demand a superstar score out of the gate. It sounds like you know how to do the problems, so I wouldn't be super worried about your score on a section. Keep studying hard and this stuff will fall into place!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Connie Lingus" said:

Hmmm... Well, damn, to me that certainly sounds like an unlucky fluke. Anyway, I'm glad to hear you are in a better mood :) Perhaps you weren't in the right mindset or tired, hungry, etc. Some days I just am not feeling PTs and if I even try I know it won't end well.

513 karma

@"Harrison Pavlasek" said:
    Did you just finish the Core Curriculum? I know for me my first diagnostic test was pretty bad, but after I took the CC, my PT 36 was worse than my diagnostic. I think this was because I was still learning to reshape my intuitions to learn how to truly approach a SA question or RRE question for example. After about 3 or 4 test I think you'll start to see a gradual improvement in your score. After PT 36 I would take it easy on yourself and not demand a superstar score out of the gate. It sounds like you know how to do the problems, so I wouldn't be super worried about your score on a section. Keep studying hard and this stuff will fall into place!

Yes, just finished. & that makes me feel a lot better. ? Thanks for the encouragement

513 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@"Connie Lingus" said:

Hmmm... Well, damn, to me that certainly sounds like an unlucky fluke. Anyway, I'm glad to hear you are in a better mood :) Perhaps you weren't in the right mindset or tired, hungry, etc. Some days I just am not feeling PTs and if I even try I know it won't end well.

Thanks!! Maybe I was just hangry.