Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LR Timed Section or LR Question Drill Sets

PrincessPrincess Alum Member

Hey guys! I'm trying to figure out what worked best for you. I have just went through CC for the second time and I'm trying to decide whether I want to start drilling sets 1-30 by the question type drill sets or if I should print it off and do it as a timed section. What suggestions do you have?

Comments

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

do a timed exam(preptest 36?) and then drill the question types from 1-30 that gives you consistent problems.

You will know your weaknesses from time exams more than drill sets.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited February 2019 23929 karma

Totally agree with @tams2018

Drilling is going to be most effective when it’s targetted. Take a PT and use the analytics to guide you on what to drill. If you know you have an area of weakness, however, you can start with drilling those q types.

Check out the webinar on what to do after you finish the CC. I followed that almost religiously, and that’s what best worked for me!

Good luck 🍀

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Seconding the above advise- and don't be discouraged if you don't see a big jump in the score from your diagnostic (if you took one) and this PT. It can take a while to implement the things you've learned in the CC

• BrianAggieBrianAggie Member
    124 karma

Should I be doing this while foolproofing?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@BrianAggie said:

I foolproofed the bundle (PT1-35) before I started PT’ing because I knew how terrible I was at games. However, I know other people who did PTing/drilling/FP’ing concurrently and that worked for them too.

• TEXASAggieTEXASAggie Alum Member
    106 karma

@Alex said:

@BrianAggie said:

I foolproofed the bundle (PT1-35) before I started PT’ing because I knew how terrible I was at games. However, I know other people who did PTing/drilling/FP’ing concurrently and that worked for them too.

Thanks Alex for your suggestion! It is something that I am going to start implementing ASAP!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@MommyInTX said:

@Alex said:

@BrianAggie said:

Thanks Alex for your suggestion! It is something that I am going to start implementing ASAP!

No problem! :) you’ll be happy you did!