Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Must-Read Threads on Discussion Forum RE: LSAT Prep Advice?

thisisspartathisissparta Alum Member
edited July 2017 in General 1363 karma

Wondering if there are any particular threads that we should* read over to help us better structure our prep? Especially any threads started by (inactive or active) Sages and/or Mentors (or any 7Sage user for that matter).

*Absolutely must

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    edited July 2017 27823 karma

I've got a webinar on structuring studies in the PT phase that I'm partial to:
    https://7sage.com/webinar/post-core-curriculum-study-strategies/

I talk a lot about these strategies throughout the forums, so I'm sure there's multiple more concise versions as well as more in-depth elaborations floating around, but this is pretty much my definitive say on the topic. Hope it helps, and happy to answer questions if you have any after viewing.

• thisisspartathisissparta Alum Member
    edited July 2017 1363 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    I've got a webinar on structuring studies in the PT phase that I'm partial to: https://7sage.com/webinar/post-core-curriculum-study-strategies/

I talk a lot about these strategies throughout the forums, so I'm sure there's multiple more concise versions as well as more in-depth elaborations floating around, but this is pretty much my definitive say on the topic. Hope it helps, and happy to answer questions if you have any after viewing.

Thank you! I'm still working through the CC and was saving to watch that webinar once I would've finished working through the curriculum. Do you think it's a good idea to watch it irrespective of where you are in your prep?

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

It definitely focuses on post CC strategies, but it wouldn't hurt for sure, and I could see how it could help put the CC into a bit of context.

If you're still in the CC, just work that through sequentially. You've got arguably the greatest LSAT educator out there ordering the lessons for you, so trust his judgement as far as how to approach the material. The key with the CC is to understand that there are no rewards for finishing, only for understanding. So go slow and really study each lesson until you feel like you understand it. Finishing a video or exercise doesn't mean a thing in and of itself.

The only other thing I'd add to approaching CC is don't worry about completing every problem set. Work the first few until you really feel like you get the applied concept. Save the rest for later. You will be doing a lot of returning to the curriculum, and it'll be good to have drills for when you come back to things.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I think all the webinars are extremely helpful no matter where you are at in your prep. They've helped me improve my skills, strategies, and motivation. I would say these are your best bet over discussion threads, just because they contain way more information.