Redacted

1000001910000019 Alum Member
edited April 2020 in Off-topic 3279 karma

Redacted

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@USER123456 said:
    Is the RC CC necessary for LG/LR portions in the CC?

I'm 4 lessons into RC and am considering skipping the RC.

I feel that since my RC is so much stronger than my LG, that I would be better off tackling LG first and coming back to RC after LG/LR are done.

No, I don't think the RC parts of the CC are necessary for the LG/LR portions. You may want to skip RC for now and then come back to LG/LR. However, many people find that RC takes the longest time to improve on. So saving it for last might end up being a mistake. So do consider that. You might just be better off going through the CC in order.

• alyssamcc0593alyssamcc0593 Alum Member
    290 karma

I went ahead and skipped it because I was getting very distracted and wanted to make sure I hit all the other LR/LG lessons.

I bought the Manhattan RC book and it has definitely helped a lot in helping understand RC better and how to improve my score.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@alyssamcc0593 said:
    I went ahead and skipped it because I was getting very distracted and wanted to make sure I hit all the other LR/LG lessons.

I bought the Manhattan RC book and it has definitely helped a lot in helping understand RC better and how to improve my score.

I also like the MLSAT RC Book. PEAR is some good stuff. That and the Memory Method are where it's at. Also the Trainer's approach to reading for structure, though similar to MLSAT RC, is still worth the read I think.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Thanks for the replies. I am going to jump into LG, and dabble with the reading after or when I get bored.

• Harrison_PavHarrison_Pav Alum Member
    218 karma

I would suggest that if you're gonna skip the RC to consider doing some reading from magazines that are written at a reading level similar to RC. Something with some tough vernacular and sometimes a rather boring subject matter. This way at the very least you'll have something to do that is similar to RC. I'm a firm believer that LG is the easiest to improve. The lsac can only tell you in so many ways A comes before B, but they can write a passage about anything!