Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crushing weakness

nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
in General 1723 karma

Was womdering what the general consensus is on taking 1 timed LR section, 1 timed RC , and 1 timed LG section everyday with a thorough blind review and intensive review of anything i may get wrong after ( apart from A full PT every 1.5 weeks ). I feel like i get paralyzed when i take full sections, even though i complete them i dont beleive i am reaching my max potential bc i am not so comfortable with them. I would probably start with the earlier test perhaps around PT20 or so and considering i have already done the LGs for them it would just be a test of speed for them. I will leave 62-81 as full PTs, and 1-20 to drill specific question types. I want to walk into the testing center and to feel that i have so much exposure and skill with everu question type that it becomes mechanical. I have been studying for more than 7 months for this tests and i feel that my fundamentals are solid but lack of exposure and not forcing myself out of my comfort zone has kept my score below target. Any thoughts on this method?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I don't think there would be anything wrong with that. Just make sure you're blind reviewing your work and keeping notes and keeping track of what you need to improve on. I know many people who have succeeded doing just this.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27829 karma

I always like to have a specific goal with each drill I do, so think about what specifically you're addressing. Exposure will happen no matter what else you're working on, so don't let that be your sole purpose. If your fundamentals are solid, pacing issues are usually the most important factors for timed section drills. Accuracy issues tend to be better revealed in BR; just make sure you're really understanding why you miss each question. Things like careless errors are easy to dismiss, but they're usually deliberately designed into the question, so track these types of things so that you start recognizing them quickly and effortlessly on a first read.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited July 2017 23929 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    I always like to have a specific goal with each drill I do, so think about what specifically you're addressing. Exposure will happen no matter what else you're working on, so don't let that be your sole purpose. If your fundamentals are solid, pacing issues are usually the most important factors for timed section drills. Accuracy issues tend to be better revealed in BR; just make sure you're really understanding why you miss each question. Things like careless errors are easy to dismiss, but they're usually deliberately designed into the question, so track these types of things so that you start recognizing them quickly and effortlessly on a first read.

This is why @"Cant Get Right" is a Sage/Tutor. Great advice right here!