Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Burn out maybe?

LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
edited July 2017 in General 13286 karma

I had to take a week off of the LSAT because of a work conference that kept me extremely busy.

I tried to return to it today with a PT.

The issue; I was incapable of doing it. LG that normally took me 5min took me 15. I would read easy LR stimulus and have to repeat it over and over and over, because I could not retain an ounce of information. I felt 0 confidence in any of my answer.

I normally score in the 167 range - if I had kept going I would have been lucky to break the 160's.

What's going on? It's kinda bothering me...

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma

Sounds like a classic case of burnout to me. An inability to maintain interest is the number one manifestation.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    Sounds like a classic case of burnout to me. An inability to maintain interest is the number one manifestation.

Yeah I think I'm just exhausted. I'll just do some practice sets this weekend instead of a full PT. Along with some tutoring! haha

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    I had to take a week off of the LSAT because of a work conference that kept me extremely busy.

I tried to return to it today with a PT.

The issue; I was incapable of doing it. LG that normally took me 5min took me 15. I would read easy LR stimulus and have to repeat it over and over and over, because I could not retain an ounce of information. I felt 0 confidence in any of my answer.

I normally score in the 167 range - if I had kept going I would have been lucky to break the 160's.

What's going on? It's kinda bothering me...

It definitely sounds like burnout to me, like @"Cant Get Right" said, inability to maintain interest is a big symptom. It could also just be that you need time to get back into your routine. The week off might have thrown you off a bit. This has certainly happened to me.