Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RC Target Times

Maximus4Maximus4 Alum Member

So in the LG section JY has target times for each LG game, but I am unable to find this same thing for the RC passages. I am practicing RC and using JY's method; I spend 4 minutes up from reading the passage, visualizing the structure, and summarizing each paragraph inside my head after I read it. And then just tackle the questions. Sometimes passages take 7 minutes, sometimes 9 or more depending on the level of questions. What method do you guys use to determine a target time in which you should finish the passage in a section?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27820 karma

Approaches to RC are a lot more flexible and diverse than in LG, so it will vary. I think the distribution of time between passage and questions is what matters most. If you're spending 4 minutes in the passage, you're going to need to move with speed and confidence once you hit the questions. 4 minutes is what I do on passage time, and I probably average about 40 seconds per question.