Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Re-schedule test date?

turnercmturnercm Alum Member 🍌
edited August 2014 in General 770 karma
I signed up to re-take the LSAT in September and apply this year for Fall 2015 admittance. I'm almost done with the 7sage course, but I haven't started taking the practice tests yet. I really want to be positive that I do my absolute best, so I'm thinking of moving my LSAT date to December. However, last year ours was rescheduled due to ice/inclement weather, and we took the test two weeks later. I think the score release was at the same time as the other December test takers. Should I risk taking the December LSAT to enter law school in Fall 2015, even with the slight possibility of winter weather affecting the test date? I really want a good scholarship and to get into the school of my choice.

Comments

• ONuellaOONuellaO Alum Member
    210 karma
    That winter delay was a once in a while thing, it's not regular at all.
    A few things before you think about postponing, are you taking practice tests? what are you scoring? is it what you want to be scoring? it's ultimately up to your practice tests and how okay with what your results are. If the winter delay is your only issue but you're scoring well, then do not postpone.
    If you're not hitting your target score, i'm assuming you've taken a few practice tests and you know what range you're scoring in and if you're just finishing up the course, i strongly suggest you postpone it.
    You need to be comfortable testing and with that, the average person needs to have taken a lot of tests.
    Hopefully, this helps..
  • mjjohns6mjjohns6 Member
    418 karma
    If you took the lsat once and scheduled to take it in Sept. would that affect you in Dec? I read that you can only take the LSAT 3 times within two years. So I wonder if you withdraw from the Sept. date would that count in the 3 times you're allowed to take the LSAT? Because I'm also thinking about changing my date :/
  • poohbearpoohbear Alum Member
    496 karma
    I think it you withdraw before sitting in the exam it won't count as one take. However, if you decide to take the test and cancel it-- then it will count as a take.
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    Hi Turnercm, I was also debating whether to reschedule or not for the December LSAT. Yesterday, I succumbed to this decision as I strongly felt that I was not ready to perform my best on the September LSAT. I say if you are not confident that you will score your best, reschedule. It will be worth it when you get a competitive score that puts you above the rest, and with that, an opportunity for scholarships.
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    Miijohns6, I emailed LSAC about that exact same question, and they responded that the 3 times within the two year rule only applies to having actually taken the test, or having cancelled your score after taking the test.
  • turnercmturnercm Alum Member 🍌
    770 karma
    Thanks guys! I'm pretty sure I'll reschedule it before the reschedule deadline (which is in a few days). And that way I'd only have taken in twice in the past two years. Hopefully this is the last time :)