Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drilling RC from PT 1-35

NikkkkkkkNikkkkkkk Live Member

Hey guys,

I plan on drilling every RC passage from PTs 1-35. Just wanted to get some input on whether this would be a good strategy? I understand that RC changes in newer tests with the addition of the comparative passages. I'm also unsure whether there's a drastic change in the question types in PTs 60+. Or does it not really matter, and it would still be useful to drill from RC 1-35?

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

I think it would be useful, but make sure to go with quality over quantity.

When I drill RC, I write a one line summary of each paragraph, the main point, purpose, tone, viewpoints, and structure. I literally write those all out.

Those are the things you need to practice reading when you go over a passage.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Csuposki said:
    Hey guys,

I plan on drilling every RC passage from PTs 1-35. Just wanted to get some input on whether this would be a good strategy? I understand that RC changes in newer tests with the addition of the comparative passages. I'm also unsure whether there's a drastic change in the question types in PTs 60+. Or does it not really matter, and it would still be useful to drill from RC 1-35?

Thanks for the help!

I don't know if you need to make strict study guidelines such as these. I like what @AllezAllez21 said above me about quality > quantity. There's no drastic change in the question types after 60 so practice on the early ones will still help you.