Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does the LG Powerscore Bible workbook cover everything or just the easier games?

jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member
in General 630 karma

Hello everyone!

So I recently purchased the LG Powerscore Bible since I have not had much practice with logic games and I really needed some type of guidance to get me started. I finished the workbook within 3 days and I was just wondering if the LG Powerscore Bible covers everything well or if it just introduces us to the easier games?

I feel pretty good now that I have completed the workbook, however I don't want to get too excited especially if the questions and games in the book are some of the easier batch and don't cover everything that we might tackle on test day. Now that I have completed the workbook, I will be starting to do the LG games and follow the 7Sage method (ie. printing 10 games/BR method, although I think I am going to focus on this method since I save a lot of paper and I save a lot of time doing all the games.

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737

I am writing the LSAT in September, or well at least that is what I hope for. If I feel I'm not ready by September, I will definitely take the December test since I do not want to rush myself.

Also, which games would you guys recommend if I am a bit on a time crunch? I work only once a week and don't have any other activities planned for the month so I aim to study 7-8 hours 6 days a week. I have just got down logic games. I will be now moving on to RC and LR in terms of learning strategy in the core curriculum (Yes, I'm weird.. I did all the logic game sections in the CC before going on to LR and RC since I took Kaplan previously).

Any advice would be great! Thank you!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2017 23929 karma

@jennybbbbb said:
    Hello everyone!

So I recently purchased the LG Powerscore Bible since I have not had much practice with logic games and I really needed some type of guidance to get me started. I finished the workbook within 3 days and I was just wondering if the LG Powerscore Bible covers everything well or if it just introduces us to the easier games?

I feel pretty good now that I have completed the workbook, however I don't want to get too excited especially if the questions and games in the book are some of the easier batch and don't cover everything that we might tackle on test day. Now that I have completed the workbook, I will be starting to do the LG games and follow the 7Sage method (ie. printing 10 games/BR method, although I think I am going to focus on this method since I save a lot of paper and I save a lot of time doing all the games.

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737

I am writing the LSAT in September, or well at least that is what I hope for. If I feel I'm not ready by September, I will definitely take the December test since I do not want to rush myself.

Also, which games would you guys recommend if I am a bit on a time crunch? I work only once a week and don't have any other activities planned for the month so I aim to study 7-8 hours 6 days a week. I have just got down logic games. I will be now moving on to RC and LR in terms of learning strategy in the core curriculum (Yes, I'm weird.. I did all the logic game sections in the CC before going on to LR and RC since I took Kaplan previously).

Any advice would be great! Thank you!

You'll be way better off just printing out and doing the LG bundle from the 7Sage course. You have Ult +, so you have access to it. I originally started with the Bibles/Workbooks and although they were somewhat helpful when I was beginning. IIRC, the workbook had a decent mix of difficulty, however, I might just be remembering it that way because I sucked at games back when I was using it. I didn't really start to see any major improvement until I fool proofed using JY's methods for diagramming.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    edited August 2017 4196 karma

go with 7sage instead ✌️

• jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member
    630 karma

@TheMikey @"Alex Divine"

Yes I will of course be using 7sage as I need a lot more practice, but does the workbook cover the general structure and the possible types of rules that could potentially show up on the LSAT?

630 karma

What's the LG bundle? @"Alex Divine"

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jennybbbbb said:
    @TheMikey @"Alex Divine"

Yes I will of course be using 7sage as I need a lot more practice, but does the workbook cover the general structure and the possible types of rules that could potentially show up on the LSAT?

The 2016 version I had covered most of them, but it certainly lacks an abundance of miscellaneous games that have been showing up on the most recent tests.

630 karma

Okay thank you! @"Alex Divine"

Also, what is the LG Bundle you are referring to? or where is it located?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2017 23929 karma

@jennybbbbb said:
    What's the LG bundle? @"Alex Divine"

The LG bundle is found on the syllabus after the last RC lesson. "Logic Games Bundle - PrepTests 1-35." The bundle itself is just a compilation of all the LG sections from PTs 1-35 reformatted to be on 2 pages like the modern tests. These are important to do because many of the newer games are similar to the oddball games found in these earlier tests. So I think you're truly better off doing these. Though I don't think it will hurt to do the workbooks since they are grouped by type. I just find the PS diagramming techniques themselves overcomplicated and cumbersome.

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

All games from PT 1-40 are also available in Powerscore's Logic Game Training By Type (2 volumes). Vol. 2 is out of print, but can be bought used, sometimes at a reasonable price.