Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After reading LSAT Trainer, RC went way down

ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
in General 513 karma

Okay so I bought The LSAT Trainer book and read just the RC section and did the practice drills. Well, I took my first full length timed RC section (PT 47) and scored absolutely horrible! missing 6/8 more than normal. Is PT 47 just unusually hard or did I screw up my RC strategies?

Comments

• btsao650btsao650 Alum Member
    254 karma

It can take time to implement any new strategies for the LSAT. This is just my 2 cents, but my RC actually improved significantly after reading the LSAT Trainer. I would go through the RC drills in the curriculum to really determine if your score lowered because your new strategy isn't a good fit for you, or if it's because your new strategy just takes some time to get used to.

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

Correlation doesn't prove causation :wink: . Like btsao650 said, employing new strategies takes time, and it was only one section. I wouldn't read into too much.

• ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
    513 karma

@Freddy_D said:
    Correlation doesn't prove causation :wink: . Like btsao650 said, employing new strategies takes time, and it was only one section. I wouldn't read into too much.

you bastard hahahaha!! I knew someone was going to say that.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

hmm that's weird. maybe you just had a bad section? it does take some time to get used to a new method though, so just give it time.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Freddy_D said:

Hahaha! Bazinga!

This is actually pretty common. It takes time to implement new strategies and a score dip is a perfectly normal result when one uses a new strategy. I would take some time to redo older RC sections maybe you've already seen untimed using the new strategy from The Trainer. Then do some timed sections with it once you're more comfortable.