Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is the lsat trainer worth it? (3 monthsish until oct lsat)

amipp_93amipp_93 Alum Member
Hi everyone!

Happy studying! For those of you who have invested in the lsat trainer, is it worth it? 7sage itself has been very helpful and i am following its schedule (taking 3 PTS every week, with one day in between where i review questions missed by going back to the curriculum/ drilling games etc). Is it possible for me to incorporate lsat trainer with my current schedule? Any advice is helpful!

Thanks in advance!
Ami

Comments

• emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Yes! Best thing to use along with 7Sage. If your BR score isn't 180 then you NEED to pick up a copy of the LSAT Trainer. You could also skip around. For example, I've learn to appreciate LGs more than anything on the LSAT since that is my "happy" section haha. So since I learned through 7Sage and have gotten very good at LGs I decided to skip the LG lessons in the Trainer. Mainly because I did not want to confuse myself in case if they were different methods and also because LGs were not one of my weak areas. But I have heard others say that it's a lot similar to 7Sage's method. Also, if you go to their website you could print one of their study schedules too and use that along the way, which is very helpful.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Yes absolutely, order it today, have it by Friday and hit the ground running. I was wary of using it for LG because I thought it would be confusing but it's actually a great complement to 7Sage and I've gotten a lot out of it. I stopped PTing until I had finished most of it but it's a pretty quick read (even at 600 pages) and really gave me some fresh perspectives.
  • mc_meattmc_meatt Alum Member
    123 karma
    not worth it. go with manhattan
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    FWIW Mike Kim co-founded Manhattan LSAT and co-wrote the Manhattan strategy guides, but I think he focused everything he learned from those experiences to make the Trainer.
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    Way worth it. Get it as soon as you can and watch your scores improve. I still read the book from time to time and it has really helped me improve LG and RC.
  • amipp_93amipp_93 Alum Member
    585 karma
    thank you so much everyone! Im ordering it right now, having it delivered on friday and hitting the pages asap! I NEED THAT 170!!!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @"mc_meatt" said:
    not worth it. go with manhattan
    Wow. The radical minority opinion makes an appearance!

OP: In one word, "YES." In two words, "YES. NOW." In more words, go buy it at Barnes & Noble today and get a study schedule here: http://www.thelsattrainer.com/lsat-prep-resources.html
  • LARamsNationLARamsNation Member
    edited January 2016 592 karma
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    ^ 100% agree, flaw game changer for real.
    edited July 2015 7965 karma
    @movanation said:
    if anything just get it for the flaw explanations, wow what a game changer.

• c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    @amipp93 or you can get it so you can decode @nicole.hopkins's gifs lol
  • mc_meattmc_meatt Alum Member
    123 karma
    @hopkins lol
  • LARamsNationLARamsNation Member
    edited January 2016 592 karma
    7965 karma
    Please note, the apple and orange are NOT pleased that LSAT writers have been treating them as though they were the same/interchangeable.
  • state.artstate.art Member
    edited December 2015 9 karma
    i should look into this as well..