Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

missed registration deadline...

elroy.mjlelroy.mjl Alum Member
in General 17 karma

I know, this is the most idiotic thing I've done in my life... While studying for the past 2 months, I forgot to register for the September exam. Remembered last Friday which was 2 days past the deadline and spent the weekend beating myself over it but now it's time to face reality. Now that applying early is out the window, anyone know how large of a setback applying after the December exam will be in chances of getting into a school compared to applying early (because of rolling admissions)? If I write the December exam, when will the scores come out?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"elroy.mjl" said:
    I know, this is the most idiotic thing I've done in my life... While studying for the past 2 months, I forgot to register for the September exam. Remembered last Friday which was 2 days past the deadline and spent the weekend beating myself over it but now it's time to face reality. Now that applying early is out the window, anyone know how large of a setback applying after the December exam will be in chances of getting into a school compared to applying early (because of rolling admissions)? If I write the December exam, when will the scores come out?

Scores come out in early January, which isn't necessarily on the late side, though definitely not on the early side. The actual effects of applying in January will vary from school to school, but you won't be at any major disadvantage from applying in January.

Look at the silver lining of having 3 extra months to prepare for this test. That's totally enough time to really boost your score and make up for any advantage you would have received from applying in October.

Every admissions officer and consultant that I've spoken too or read agrees that it is better to apply later with a better score. So don't sweat it too much and take comfort in having more time to study :)

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

The official score release date for the December 2017 test is January 4, 2018.

https://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/test-dates-deadlines/2017-2018/us-canada-dec