Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting progressively worse on RC

ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
in General 513 karma

I've been really hitting RC hard. I'm averaging -4 all other sections, but RC I've been doing worse and worse the more I practice.

I got a 10 out of 27 on PT 72.
and a 14 out of 27 on PT 63.

I'm not sure what Im doing wrong. I'm getting super discouraged.

Any RC tips?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@ZaTabler said:
    I've been really hitting RC hard. I'm averaging -4 all other sections, but RC I've been doing worse and worse the more I practice.

I got a 10 out of 27 on PT 72.
    and a 14 out of 27 on PT 63.

I'm not sure what Im doing wrong. I'm getting super discouraged.

Any RC tips?

What kind of RC strategy are you using?

As far as the question types you're missing, are there any certain ones you tend to miss more? For example, inference questions?

• ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
    513 karma

I've been reading the passage all the way through and coming up with a summary for each paragraph. The problem is I can't remember a damn thing from the passage and have to refer back to it constantly. I'm eliminating 3 answer choices and have 2 left and am always picking the wrong one.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@ZaTabler said:
    I've been reading the passage all the way through and coming up with a summary for each paragraph. The problem is I can't remember a damn thing from the passage and have to refer back to it constantly. I'm eliminating 3 answer choices and have 2 left and am always picking the wrong one.

Hmmm... Have you practiced the memory method as well as coming up with low resolution summaries? If not, check out the updated reading comprehension lesson on it!