Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible to raise +70 to +80 in 20 days?

stephgmeisterstephgmeister Alum Member

Hello fellow sagers,

I'm looking for advice from people who have been on the same boat and who have ideally gotten out of it successfully by doing (x).
I am consistently scoring +70-72 which is anywhere from 157-159. I am aiming to break 160 but I know on test day there's a high possibility to miss a few more points vs during PT's at home... Thus, I want to be consistently earning 80 points per practice test.

I have been BR'ing very intensely and the only thing I seem to be consistent in is LG's. For some tests my RC is very low (-12) while the other sections make up for it, in other tests, I get -3 on one LR section and -11 on another LR. I attribute the discrepancies in LR to unfamiliar stimulus vs the cookie cutter ones I get correct and have seen time and time again. My RC usually never exceeds (-7) therefore, I know this is something I should be doing more timed sections in.

I am reaching out for advice because I don't really know how to best utilize the last couple weeks before test day. Maybe investing in a private tutor would help? If any of you have seen one or have a good method of how to go about what I've discussed, I'd really appreciate any feedback!

Thank you,

Stephanie

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2017 23929 karma

Hey,

So to break 160 consistently I believe the key is a very good grasp of conditions logic and the rest of the LSAT fundamentals.

Since time is limited, I think to crack 160 your focus should be on fool proofing games and getting that down as close to -0 as possible. I know you said you're consistent here, but if there's any room for improvement, you'll want to get those points.

I would also guess the large discrepancy in your LR section scores indicate that there may be particular question types you may need to work on. Utilize 7Sage analytics to see if you can find a pattern. Review the lessons for any questions you miss often and drill problem sets of that question type.

RC can seem impossible to improve on, but with hard work improvement is very doable. What type of strategy are you using to tackle RC? Are you running out of time or just missing particular question types here as well?

Anyway good luck!

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

As someone clawing my way in to the 160s as well, really cementing my understanding of LR questions has been the key. I went from -11 to -3 sometimes even lower in two weeks by redoing the LR CC and beating it in to my brain. Do it slowly - see if you are feeling the time or it's a real understanding issue. As for RC, I have no advice because i'm right there too lol. I think tackle one paragraph at a time has helped.