Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BRing LR

Hey all! I find that often during BR for LR I am still stuck between 2 answers, so I'm wondering what everyone does to try and push through to the correct answer choice while in BR. Do you look up an explanation of the question/JYs video without looking at the answer or look through your notes for help? Or do you just push through without looking at other sources?

But if anyone has any tips on how they BR LR that would be awesome to know as I find BR LR very tiring haha!

Thanks everyone!!

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8700 karma

The first thing we should always do when we are down to two answer choices is to figure out what makes them different. Often there might be a key part in the answer choice that differentiates it from the other answer choice and therefore makes it the credited response. The two answer choices we are down to in LR will be by definition; not the same thing. Our first job is to figure out what sets them apart.
    The next thing I do is to choose an answer choice, and write down my explicit reason(s) for choosing the answer choice. Here is where we can't cut corners. No, for this step, we need specific reasons. This is hard, because sometimes, I can't quite put into words why I like one answer choice over another.

I then watch the video on 7Sage and read the comments. But our work is not done here, when we watch the video and avail ourselves of the resources we have, we still need to either incorporate why we chose the answer choice into our approach or rid ourselves of choosing an answer choice based on faulty reasoning or a bad understanding of the stimulus. In short, we have to reinforce the good ways of getting the credited response and try our hardest to eliminate the bad habits through this process.

There are a variety of diagnostics we can do at this point in our process. For instance, if we were down to two answer choices and neither of them is the credited response, this warrants a different approach from one where we were down to two answer choices and chose the incorrect, very closely worded of the two answer choices.

This is what has worked for me, I hope it helps
    David

• apawalterapawalter Member
    357 karma

@BinghamtonDave yes this helps a lot, thank you so much for your detailed response! I will try implementing those techniques :smiley: