Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question: What is PrepTest C2?

Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
in General 3521 karma

Like, why is it called PrepTest C2? Why isn't it PrepTest 76 :(?! I'm confused.

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

It's a previously unreleased test. Those are labelled as A, B, C, and C2. (It's officially PTC in the latest SuperPrep book. 7Sage labels it as C2 to avoid confusion.)

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" If I had the choice between taking a released preptest in these last two weeks and taking this preptest, which one should I do?

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

This one was released, just not right after it was administered. No difference, really, only I think it has a pretty unforgiving curve, kinda like PT81, so if you don't like tests with such curves, another test might be better for your confidence.

• doyouevenLSATdoyouevenLSAT Core Member
    609 karma

i thought the lettered tests were February tests.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

C2 was from Feb 2016.

Also, it doesn't really matter which test you take because C2 and the more recent ones that have been administered and then had the tests released is the same thing. One was just in Feb which is non-disclosed.

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

how do you figure out what the curve is? i did worse on 81 than usual.

edited September 2017 4196 karma

@kkrystyna said:
    how do you figure out what the curve is? i did worse on 81 than usual.

I have used this in the past to find out curves https://www.cambridgelsat.com/resources/data/consolidated-score-conversion-charts/

but usually you can find people talking about curves in the forums every where if it's an important enough PT haha

PT 81 is a -9 for a 170 curve

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

@TheMikey said:
    C2 was from Feb 2016.

Also, it doesn't really matter which test you take because C2 and the more recent ones that have been administered and then had the tests released is the same thing. One was just in Feb which is non-disclosed.

Nobody really knows when C2 was from. It's all speculation. In the past, @"Jonathan Wang" has given his own guesses as to when it was originally administered, and thought it was from a few years before 2016.

4196 karma

@uhinberg said:

@TheMikey said:
    C2 was from Feb 2016.

Nobody really knows when C2 was from. It's all speculation. In the past, @"Jonathan Wang" has given his own guesses as to when it was originally administered, and thought it was from a few years before 2016.

hmm, you may be right. I couldn't sworn I read somewhere that C2 was confirmed to be feb 2016, but maybe I was dreaming things lol. If so, sorry for the wrong info! :P