Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sept. 2017 Testers With Accommodations

extramediumextramedium Alum Member
in General 419 karma

Thought it was strange that no one reached out to confirm my accommodations for Saturday like they usually do. So I reached out to the supervisor here in Louisville, and someone in her office notified me that I am scheduled to take the test next weekend (23rd) instead of this weekend, even though my ticket said the 16th.

This seemed strange, since when I took the test last December, there was not a separate date for accommodated testing. But after speaking with the administrator directly, I found out that they had to reschedule at the last minute because there were not enough proctors. Just a few minutes after we spoke, I received an email from LSAC containing the updated information.

From the LSAC Accommodations page: "Additionally, your test may be scheduled for an alternative, later date."

This is just a reminder to everyone with accommodations that you should confirm the details for your test with the administrator. There may be some last minute changes that you aren't aware of. They had apparently lost my contact info, which is one of the reasons I wasn't informed until this morning. But she also mentioned that this happened with another person, so I hope whomever that is gets the message as well.

Comments

• MPeabodyMPeabody Alum Member
    82 karma

That's stressful that they changed the date on you so last minute; I'm sorry.

I'm not sure why my letter was different (maybe it's dependent on test center and/or accommodation?) but mine told me that I was responsible for contacting the test supervisor to confirm accommodations and it wasn't optional:

This confirms that testing accommodations have been made for you to take the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) at the test center listed below. Please contact the test center supervisor, whose name is provided below, at least one week prior to the test to confirm your testing arrangements. If you do not contact the test center supervisor at least 48 hours prior to the nationally advertised test date, you will not be able to test, because supervisors are instructed to return the test materials to LSAC, if arrangements have not been made by this time. The accommodated administration of the LSAT will no longer be available to you. We request that you also contact the supervisor if you will not be testing.

All this to say that yes--definitely confirm with your test site, whether or not it was requested by LSAC. (I know that we are within the 48-hour window, but if there's anyone out there who hasn't confirmed and were supposed to, maybe try calling as soon as possible and fingers crossed your supervisor will be cool.)

Also, friendly reminder to print your accommodations letter along with your ticket.