Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Length of the Application Process

David1234David1234 Alum Member
edited September 2017 in Law School Admissions 61 karma

I was hoping to get a sense of how long I can expect it to take to complete the application process. I understand that this is completely subjective and based on each person, but I am trying to figure out how realistic it will be for me to apply this cycle.

I was planning to take the September LSAT but I am not currently scoring as high as I would like. At this point I can expect between a160-165, the numbers indicate I will be on the lower side. I had a 3.82 undergrad GPA and I would rather not squander that with a mediocre LSAT. I have spent today contemplating if I should postpone until December, but this made me realize that if I did I would not have much time to actually complete the applications once I get my score. I understand there are some portions I might be able to complete before I take the test, but in effect that will take away time from actually prepping. I was really hoping to not need to wait another year before law school, but I am now thinking it is something I might have to consider.

Edit - One other question, will a school look consider the fact that someone already applied and got rejected during a previous cycle?

Comments

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

So I don't know how long the review process takes. But I just sent in my transcripts and whatnot yesterday. This can take ~2-3 weeks to process (including the time it takes your university registrar to mail over your transcripts; try to be proactive about this and get them to mail the same day you contact them).

Should you take the LSAT in September, it will be viewable ~October 12th - roughly a month from now. Once that is in, everything is on your end and processing time shouldn't be a problem (letters of rec, personal statement, etc.)

Then you just wait for the review process. If you turned in your apps by mid-October, I've heard you may hear as early as November, but that's anecdotal.