Testing Center Complaints - Possible Recourse

sherry.tanioussherry.tanious Free Trial Member

Had a bad test center experience this morning (the proctors kept going in and out of the room and slammed the door every few minutes, there were people outside yelling at one point, and in the last section the person next to me began humming (albeit quietly). I'm unable to take it in December (serious conflict with the date of the test). Is there any possible recourse LSAC could provide?

Comments

• xtinextinextinextine Member
    861 karma

I also thought my test center was problematic. I heard music from another room at one point (although it was brief). After our break, the rooms on our hall started theirs and were talking and laughing so loud the proctor had to go out twice and tell them to be quiet...

Humming sounds terrible (literally). The people around me were quiet for the most part. But towards the end the girl in front of me kept rubbing her hands up and down her pants which made some noise.

I talked to this one girl before the test and she told me that the first time she took the LSAT the proctor messed up the timing. But they said not enough people complained for them to do anything about it. I don't know if that helps you at all.

• ocrickardocrickard Member
    edited September 2017 12 karma

In the room I was in, the proctor called time 10 minutes early on 2 sections. After a loud verbal conflict with the students in the room she realized she was wrong, and gave us 10 minutes back on one section, and had us go back to the other section, and gave us 5 minutes back there, not the 10 we were supposed to have.

Also, the proctors talked at the front of the test room loudly, and the head proctor's phone rang 3 separate times.

To be honest, these issues were so distracting that I think I did poorly.

Several students loudly got up and accused her of misconduct, and immediately canceled their scores. By the end of the test, close to a third of the people in the room had canceled their scores.

I submitted a formal complaint with the LSAC, and am considering canceling my score. It just sucks since I was quite prepared.

• leannasamsonleannasamson Alum Member
    88 karma

@ocrickard i think we were totally in the same testing center! I just posted about it here too https://7sage.com/forums/discussion/12789/proctor-nightmare#latest

So torn on what to do! :tired_face:

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

This is truly terrible. I don't know how people can be so nonchalant about messing with other people's futures.