Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Snack labels

AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
in General 1917 karma

Hello,

This will probably get buried before the next LSAT administration, but at my test, they did not allow any snacks with labels into the testing room. So, anything with a wrapper had to be left outside the testing room. I had not read or heard anything like this before, maybe I missed it somewhere, but just as a general warning to test takers in the future: think about removing snacks from their packaging.

As a result, I had to leave my snacks outside the testing room on a table in the hall, where a college student generously helped themselves to half of my snacks. Yum.

Comments

• calcal101calcal101 Alum Member
    edited December 2017 582 karma

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

Do you mean that your other option would be to take the snack (lets say a protein bar) out of its packaging and put it into a clear sandwich bag? If I have interpreted that correctly, I find this to be an odd ruling.

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

@BinghamtonDave Yes, one proctor suggested taking all of the stuff out of its packaging and then wrapping it in a paper towel from the bathroom to bring them in the room. Another carefully read each label to make sure I hadn't snuck in any LSAT info on them, declared them good to go, and then was overruled by another proctor, who suggested I leave them on the table outside. Other testers were seen to be ripping off labels etc. There was a pile of wrappers on the registration table.

It was weird. Save yourself the trouble and put them inside another clear bag.

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

Never heard of this before, and definitely was not my experience when I sat in June.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

I think you should report this to LSAC. I don't see any rules regarding packaging.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

Yeah, I'd file a complaint; that is not a rule that I've ever seen mentioned through LSAC. Sometimes proctors do things that make sense to them, but that are not real rules that you can prepare for. Last year, my proctor wouldn't let us have our pencil sharpeners out. She said she didn't want us wasting test time sharpening pencils. I get it. She's probably not wrong. But we're allowed to have our pencil sharpeners, and we're allowed to have snacks inside their packaging.

• shaunamaeshaunamae Free Trial Member
    16 karma

My proctor made me remove my tissues from their package because "it has writing on it". I had a half sandwich in a plastic bag, so that was okay. However, she let everyone else in with their snacks, also with writing on their labels. I wondered why I had a certain directive and others didn't. But, I just took the tissues out of the package and threw it away. I figured, why argue and potentially antagonize the person who held my life in her hands for four hours!

• ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
    513 karma

My proctor let someone in with a bottle of coke and a bunch of snacks with wrappers.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

wtf.. I've never heard of this wrapper thing before..