NC State - Raleigh, NC

Proctors: Really kind, nice proctor. I had a horrible test day, and he was super kind to me at the break when I was crying like a freak.
Facilities: McKimmon Center (NC State's career conference center).
What kind of room: A medium sized conference room
How many in the room: There were probably 40ish?
Desks: We had very large desks that were spread out
Left-handed accommodation: Yes! I am a lefty and it was nice to not be hitting the wall throughout the test
Noise levels: Not bad at first, but there was some sort of conference going on, and a woman kept yelling "WAHOOOO" about every 20 minutes.
Parking: Provided and free
Time elapsed from arrival to test: about 30-45 min.
Irregularities or mishaps: Just the weird conference and the lady
Other comments: It is COLD as CRAPPPP Bring yo' mittens!
Would you take the test here again? Not sure...I took my first one at the Cary Elite Career Services place and it was wayyyyy better, but I feel like NC State is probably the next best thing
Date[s] of Exam[s]: September 16, 2017

Comments

• xtinextinextinextine Member
    861 karma

Aw sorry it was a bad day! I was also at this site.

I was glad the tables were so big! I was in Room 4 and our proctor guy was really nice, too. Were we in the same room? Or maybe all the rooms were freezing.

The main proctor guy and some other proctor by the door had to go out a couple of times to tell people to stop yelling/talking loud. :neutral: I think it was when the other rooms were breaking and we had already started back up. Very distracting. Idk if this is something you report?

I have no idea what type of conference was going on but it was annoying af. I heard loud music at one point.

I suppose I'd test here again (I'm definitely taking it again in December. I might try and check ahead to see what other things are going on in this building. Or just pick a different site.

• Ha! I think we WERE in the same room! I was the girl who almost left at the break and cried the entire time. lol. I feel bad for anyone who was around me. I tried to keep my sniffles subtle. lol

861 karma

Aw no! If it makes you feel any better I didn't notice at all (I sat on the far left). I was so zoned in on thinking about the test. I probably had severe RBF. :lol:

I think everyone was worried about the girl who was sick, but she didn't distract me at all. And I'm glad she asked the proctor to write the times on the board.

Do you plan on retaking? I already know I need to retake. :( It sucks but this was the first time I sat, so hopefully I can knock it out in December. I feel like I'll be less anxious since I know what to expect (sort of lol).

• ahhh good. That makes me feel a lot better! I felt like SUCH a loser. I for sure plan on retaking. Unfortunately, this will be my third/last time...so I REALLY need to kill it. I have to figure out my test anxiety issue before I do it again, though.

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

@joneselisabethpenn Didn't they waive the three-time limit?

861 karma

@joneselisabethpenn Don't beat yourself up too much. (I'm also a hypocrite because I need to take my own advice).

If you'd be interested in doing a study group, let me know! I just moved back to Raleigh.

• @uhinberg Oh that's right! I forgot about that! Ha! Well, either way...I really want to apply for this cycle. I don't want to wait a whooole extra year because that is what happened to me last year when I bombed the first time. That said, it is not the end of the world. I need to just buckle down, chill, and learn how to breathe while taking tests lol

• @xtinextine I would love love love that! If you PM me, we could set up a couple study dates if you want :)