Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LG Fool Proof Method

jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member

Hey guys,

I was wondering what PTs people used to master the logic games using the fool proof method? I would like to be time efficient and if there are certain tests that will help me master them at the beginning, I would love to start with those. Nonetheless, I will eventually do 2-3 logic games or a LG section per day leading up the test.

I know there's a LG bundle, however I plan to write in December and would like to use the next two weeks to get close to my target score for that section (-2/-1). So basically, I'd like to know if there are certain preptests (ie.18-35) that may assist me in this. I struggle with timing for the most part with LG right now, and also have trouble with the games that have FL/conditional reasoning.

Any suggestions? Let me know what you guys have tried and what has worked for you.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jennybbbbb said:
    Hey guys,

I was wondering what PTs people used to master the logic games using the fool proof method? I would like to be time efficient and if there are certain tests that will help me master them at the beginning, I would love to start with those. Nonetheless, I will eventually do 2-3 logic games or a LG section per day leading up the test.

I know there's a LG bundle, however I plan to write in December and would like to use the next two weeks to get close to my target score for that section (-2/-1). So basically, I'd like to know if there are certain preptests (ie.18-35) that may assist me in this. I struggle with timing for the most part with LG right now, and also have trouble with the games that have FL/conditional reasoning.

Any suggestions? Let me know what you guys have tried and what has worked for you.

So, ideally I think you'd be best served to fool proof the entire 1-35 bundle. However, because timing is a bit of an issue right now, I would recommend doing all the PTs from the LG lessons on 7Sage. Print out and fool proof all of the problem sets, as well as the games JY goes through in the lessons. This provides an excellent mélange of all of the game types and skills needed to solve all of the different LG types/questions.

If you're already super familiar with those, and have fool proofed those then you may just want to try to fool proof part of the bundle. Perhaps begin by fool proofing PTs 1-15 (lots of odd games in here that will help you in later tests) and then do the rest in tandem with your PT schedule.

• jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member
    630 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@jennybbbbb said:
    Hey guys,

So, ideally I think you'd be best served to fool proof the entire 1-35 bundle. However, because timing is a bit of an issue right now, I would recommend doing all the PTs from the LG lessons on 7Sage. Print out and fool proof all of the problem sets, as well as the games JY goes through in the lessons. This provides an excellent mélange of all of the game types and skills needed to solve all of the different LG types/questions.

If you're already super familiar with those, and have fool proofed those then you may just want to try to fool proof part of the bundle. Perhaps begin by fool proofing PTs 1-15 (lots of odd games in here that will help you in later tests) and then do the rest in tandem with your PT schedule.

I will definitely give that a go! Thank you! Since I am low on time, would you recommend only doing the game until I have gotten it correctly within the target time? I don't understand the need of printing a game 10 times if I have gotten it down. However, I will be doing each game a week later to test myself to see if I still understand how to do the game.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jennybbbbb said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@jennybbbbb said:
    Hey guys,

I will definitely give that a go! Thank you! Since I am low on time, would you recommend only doing the game until I have gotten it correctly within the target time? I don't understand the need of printing a game 10 times if I have gotten it down. However, I will be doing each game a week later to test myself to see if I still understand how to do the game.

Yeah, I suspect you would eventually run into diminishing returns if you just keep doing a game once you have it down. So no need to overdo it. Sometimes mastering a game does take 10 times, but other times, you may find only a couple attempts are needed.

Just be careful not to let your limited time cause you to rush to do anything. Learning games takes a lot of practice and patience and unfortunately it's just a due we have to pay for this test. You don't want to be leaving any LG points on the table.

Good luck :)

• Trust But VerifyTrust But Verify Alum Member
    edited September 2017 432 karma

Specifically PT 21 games gave me some issues. The wording of the stimulus for I believe the roommate game is weird. The game isn't hard once you figure it out.

Take a look.

• Tavorak_Tavorak_ Free Trial Member
    115 karma

Superprep tests A, B, and C have some killer games. Games in the 50s seemed to have a common theme of sequencing with similar rules. Newer games (70s) like to use distribution inferences (X has to have more than Y), and try to hide how pieces pair up in hybrid games.

630 karma

@"Trust But Verify" said:
    Specifically PT 21 games gave me some issues. The wording of the stimulus for I believe the roommate game is weird. The game isn't hard once you figure it out.

Take a look.

Thank you! I will check it out!

630 karma

@deansr said:
    Superprep tests A, B, and C have some killer games. Games in the 50s seemed to have a common theme of sequencing with similar rules. Newer games (70s) like to use distribution inferences (X has to have more than Y), and try to hide how pieces pair up in hybrid games.

Thank you, I will definitely take a look.

630 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@jennybbbbb said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@jennybbbbb said:
    Hey guys,

Yeah, I suspect you would eventually run into diminishing returns if you just keep doing a game once you have it down. So no need to overdo it. Sometimes mastering a game does take 10 times, but other times, you may find only a couple attempts are needed.

Just be careful not to let your limited time cause you to rush to do anything. Learning games takes a lot of practice and patience and unfortunately it's just a due we have to pay for this test. You don't want to be leaving any LG points on the table.

Thank you! That makes sense. After fool-proofing the lesson games, do you recommend doing the same with PT1-15?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jennybbbbb said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@jennybbbbb said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@jennybbbbb said:
    Hey guys,

Thank you! That makes sense. After fool-proofing the lesson games, do you recommend doing the same with PT1-15?

I think that's a good place to start, yeah. If you feel comfortable with games after that, then move on. This way you'll have 16-35 set aside to fool proof as needed. I would recommend finding time to do the rest at some point because I ultimately think they will be helpful.