lsatyayylsatyayy Alum Member
edited September 2017 in General 178 karma

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited September 2017 23929 karma

Nope. I doubt it will. Most admissions consultants are professionals and they honestly don't care enough to make sure you don't get into your dream school.

Edited* CantGetRight made some great points below that made me rethink my logic.

• lsatyayylsatyayy Alum Member
    178 karma

Yea that's what I think too actually. They are too busy to care. Thanks for the response.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27885 karma

I know that I'm maybe a little late to this discussion now that the main body of the thread has been edited out, lol, but I'd like to add to this because I'm not sure that all admissions consultants even want you to apply to your dream school.

Some consulting firms want to sell you short so that the results come back phenomenal looking. They want you to get accepted everywhere you apply with big money. To yield those results, they must necessarily undersell you because those results are only going to happen on the low end of your range. When you reach, you get a lot of rejections, and they don't think that reflects well on them.

One thing I really appreciated about 7Sage is that they didn't do this. I worked with both them and a certain other popular consulting firm. The other firm told me not to apply to my dream schools unless it would just make me feel better. 7Sage told me to blanket the T14. I probably would not have even applied to Penn if I hadn't spoken with JY and worked with David.

• lsatyayylsatyayy Alum Member
    178 karma

Thank you CantGetRight! The problem I had with my consulting service was actually not about them selling me short. But your perspective nevertheless is valuable to many on this forum. Thanks again and good luck with your cycle result! :)