Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I write an addendum?

Tavorak_Tavorak_ Free Trial Member

The September 2017 LSAT was my third time and I'm wondering if I should write a score addendum. The first time I took the LSAT (June 2016) was the first full-length test I took. If that wasn't stupid enough, the second time I took the LSAT (September 2016) was the second full-length test I took; I scored a 167 and a 164, respectively. I finally decided to get serious and took 37 full-length practice tests in preparation for September 2017. I'm expecting a score in the low to mid 170s from this past September.

Comments

• cbyrns21cbyrns21 Free Trial Member
    160 karma

First off, congrats on such great numbers! Second, what I learned from the open houses and consortiums I've attended, any time you take the LSAT more than once, you need to explain in an addendum the reasoning for multiple attempts. Ideally, it should only be taken once. However, if there is an extenuating circumstance (i.e. hardship, health, etc.) then that warrants another chance at the LSAT. If you write "I didn't study hard enough" then that looks rough. As long as you have a genuine and sound reason for multiple attempts then write the addendum. Just be careful at how you word it-you don't want to come off as not trying hard enough. Good luck!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

I had a fairly large jump, and I just looked at the specific prompts with the understanding that admissions don't want to read extra material unless it really is necessary for full understanding of a candidacy. A lot of it just depends on how big the gap is. You may need to depending on exactly where you score: Low 170's almost certainly not. Mid+ 170's, maybe so. If you do need to write one, great! Just keep it concise.