Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

too chill?

SeraephinaSeraephina Live Member
in General 130 karma

Hi everyone!

I took the June 2017 LSAT and didn't do so well since I didn't know how to prepare for the LSAT. Sadly, the LSAT was not offered in my country and I had to take it in Taiwan. I was down with a flu and I wanted to reschedule my exam but my ticket and hotel wasn't refundable or it can't be scheduled to a different date. My score was really bad and I did not cancel it because I wanted to see how poorly I have truly done. Things got crazy in the office which is why I was able to start studying for my LSAT last September 1(planning to take the December LSAT). I am doing well with the quizzes and I got a score of 152 on the PrepTest June 2007 ( was not able to do the blind review, which is why I am retaking it as practice). I am aiming for the score of 168-172.

With everything mentioned above, am I too chill with my studying? Should I be worried? Should I start panicking when I do all the LSAT PrepTest at the end of September until December and I still don't meet my goal?

Comments

• NovLSAT2019NovLSAT2019 Alum Member
    620 karma

You might want to review this lesson :)

https://7sage.com/lesson/the-three-worst-lsat-mistakes/

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited September 2017 23929 karma

@Seraephina said:
    Hi everyone!

I took the June 2017 LSAT and didn't do so well since I didn't know how to prepare for the LSAT. Sadly, the LSAT was not offered in my country and I had to take it in Taiwan. I was down with a flu and I wanted to reschedule my exam but my ticket and hotel wasn't refundable or it can't be scheduled to a different date. My score was really bad and I did not cancel it because I wanted to see how poorly I have truly done. Things got crazy in the office which is why I was able to start studying for my LSAT last September 1(planning to take the December LSAT). I am doing well with the quizzes and I got a score of 152 on the PrepTest June 2007 ( was not able to do the blind review, which is why I am retaking it as practice). I am aiming for the score of 168-172.

With everything mentioned above, am I too chill with my studying? Should I be worried? Should I start panicking when I do all the LSAT PrepTest at the end of September until December and I still don't meet my goal?

So it just seems to me like you would do yourself a lot of good by just working towards the 168 end goal and not towards a date. I know this idea might sound overly simplistic, but that's truly what is going to be best.

Otherwise, how many hours a day do you usually dedicate to your prep? Have you completed the CC?

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    1091 karma

I will second Alex's recommendation to aim for a score and not a test-date. You just don't know how long your prep will take and can't bank on being at X score in Y number of weeks.

I'd also caution that 168-172 is a big score range. In my experience the extra work needed to score a 172 vs a 168 is vast. I've worked for months to go from a 168 personal best to consistent 169s and 170s.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Seraephina said:
    Hi everyone!

So it just seems to me like you would do yourself a lot of good by just working towards the 168 end goal and not towards a date. I know this idea might sound overly simplistic, but that's truly what is going to be best.

Otherwise, how many hours a day do you usually dedicate to your prep? Have you completed the CC?

I agree with @"Alex Divine" .

If I understand you correctly, you are currently scoring in the 150s. I think the first thing you need to do is to BR fully and get a sense of where you stand. If your BR score is 175+, you might be able to increase your score from the 150s to the high 160s by coming up with your own timing strategies.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

10000% agree with Alex

Aim for a score, not a test date.

When I started studying (a little less than 2 years ago), I thought I would study for a few months and take the test first try and be done. But here I am almost 2 years later, lol. It may take longer than anticipated, but if you have the motivation you will get where you want.