Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is January too late too apply?

Johnny TsunamiJohnny Tsunami Core Member
edited October 2023 in Law School Admissions 181 karma

Is taking the LSAT in January and submitting my application materials too late for the Fall 2024 class?
I have been out of college for some time and really do not want to put off law school any longer so any advice is greatly appreciated. I understand it would put me at a disadvantage compared to those applying before thanksgiving but do I still have a decent shot if I score in the high 160's? I have backups that are decent in the T50s and below but ideally I would like T30 and above.

Comments

• lsatsnaillsatsnail Alum Member
    edited October 2023 16 karma

Depending on what schools you want, it will either be too late or not. If I were you I would make a list of schools you plan to apply to, then check the last LSAT they take and their application deadline.

I think though that if you are above the schools average LSAT score and you apply a bit later, it won't hurt you. Especially considering (I am assuming) you likely have quite a bit of work experience since you have been out of college for awhile. Better to give yourself time to study and achieve a high score instead of rushing to write and getting a lower score. Good luck!