Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Community college credit in HS

meganr23meganr23 Alum Member

Hi all,

I already all my transcripts in, including local community college courses I took for dual HS/college credit in high school. my main concern is--I don't really want admissions people to think I went to community college (because then it looks like it took me 6 years to graduate), but that's kind of what it looks like on my academic summary report (I think). Will they definitely know those were high school classes? I can't imagine it's worth writing in an addendum, but I do hope it's somehow clear.

Curious if anyone else has been in this same boat. Thank you!

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    edited October 2017 4196 karma

You're overthinking this. I'm very confident that they can tell that you took community college classes in high school, but even if they do pay attention to that, I don't think they will really care as what they mainly focus on is your cumulative LSAC GPA over specifics on your transcript(s).

Plus, the years you were matriculated in college should be shown when they get your stuff. Either way, if they for some reason think you took 6 years to graduate college (which is very unlikely because I don't think they're that dumb ;) haha), it doesn't really matter as long as you graduated.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I have the same thing on my record but I think the dates should make it fairly obvious it was while I was in high school.

• meganr23meganr23 Alum Member
    42 karma

Thanks guys :smile:

• KateelaineKateelaine Alum Member
    172 karma

On my resume with the education section, I added "High school dual-enrollment student, non-degree seeking" for each school I dual-enrolled at in high school. I also didn't add a GPA for any of those schools (I'm honestly not sure what they were at this point. Sighs.) I think specifying it on my resume I can skip the addendum for having a shit-ton of schools on my undergraduate record. I don't think it'll hurt at all, but I don't want the admissions people thinking I'm a total flake and couldn't stay put in one school for very long.