Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where to go from here?

btate87btate87 Alum Member
in General 782 karma

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting on here, but I’ve been reading through posts every now and then for the past few months. So first of all, thanks to all of you for making this forum such a great source of wisdom and motivation. It’s really helped me out a lot over the last few phases of studying.

I was hoping people might have some thoughts and suggestions on how to structure the remainder of my prep time. For the past several months this point has just had a big looming ‘PT!’ marked - which is surely at least part of a good idea.

An idea of where I am:

I started studying in earnest back in January. Jan/Feb I went through all 3 Bibles. March/April I did the 7Sage CC. The summer mostly consisted of The LSAT Trainer, fool-proofing LG’s, and moving from untimed LR/RC to fully timed (BR of course). As of this week I am done with a giant slate of fool proofing on LG and starting to get back into shape on the other sections.

LG's are fool-proofed 1-38 & ABC. Planning to keep adding to that one section at a time.

My LR is going pretty well but is definitely what I’m most stressed about. I normally get to the last 2 pages of questions around the 25 minute mark, and finish at 33 with not a lot of time to go back and check. My past few scores (most recent to less recent) have been -4, -4, -0, -0, -1, -2, -1 (You can probably guess where I took 2 weeks off to finish up LG fool-proofing). It’s tough to see too much of a pattern in question type missed. Parallel questions of either type are definitely prevalent and MSS probably stress me out the most. But I’m also fairly likely to miss NA and SA which I am confident in (or anything else).

RC has been pretty similar. I’m more likely to bust on RC with a passage that just blindsides me for -4 or -5, but less and less all the time. More recent scores on that are -2, -1, -2, -3. Oddly Main Point and Purpose of Passage Questions seem to be the ones I’m most likely to miss along with a curve breaker question or two. I used to finish the sections by around 29-31 minutes with plenty of time to go back and check, but after my LG break that has crept up to 33 with one section I didn’t finish (-3). Hopefully it starts to slide back down now that I’m not neglecting the section as much.

I’m signed up to take the electronic field test this coming weekend and am planning to sit for the real thing in December, but am perfectly content to slide that date back to February. My sort of amorphous plan had been to jump in PT (60+ are all entirely clean for me). But does anyone have any suggestions on a balance of full PT vs. timed sections vs. reviewing CC material or any other thoughts on what might be helpful to squeeze out my last few points and gain some consistency?

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to being more active here as I finish up my prep!

Comments