Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study Schedule

LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
in General 2134 karma

Hi all - I'm having a hard time keeping to a strict study schedule. When I purchased the Basic package I copied the weekly study schedule (about 20 hrs or so) but I'm having a hard time following it. I'm now behind a few courses and need to figure out how to get back on track - I keep thinking I have to upgrade.

Also, the LSATBlog is offering a study schedule for sale and I'm wondering if its worth it to purchase it. Has anyone purchased this? I really need an hour by hour schedule that I can stick too. I suppose since 7Sage is self-study that I should figure this out on my own. But if anyone can help, pls let me know. Thx.

Comments

• 1025 karma

I think most people fall behind in the study schedule. If you are putting in good study habits and you're not rushing through the CC, this is actually a sign that you are studying right.

I would say having a study buddy is one of the best things ever. We all need someone else to push us to study more and vice versa. Treat studying like it's a job and it will put you in the mindset of not being lazy with study time (or you'll get fired :D)!!

Honestly, IMO I wouldn't recommend buying an hour by hour schedule. It sounds great, but the LSAT is really a personal test. We all have our own strengths and weaknesses and the schedule is only time specific. There is a major flaw that fails to take into account these differences in where more time ought to be spend in areas that you find difficult, and less so on parts that seem natural to you.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@LCMama2017 said:
    Hi all - I'm having a hard time keeping to a strict study schedule. When I purchased the Basic package I copied the weekly study schedule (about 20 hrs or so) but I'm having a hard time following it. I'm now behind a few courses and need to figure out how to get back on track - I keep thinking I have to upgrade.

Also, the LSATBlog is offering a study schedule for sale and I'm wondering if its worth it to purchase it. Has anyone purchased this? I really need an hour by hour schedule that I can stick too. I suppose since 7Sage is self-study that I should figure this out on my own. But if anyone can help, pls let me know. Thx.

The study schedule is just a suggestion; a mere automated schedule to keep you on track. You don't need to worry if you've fallen a bit behind. Studying a big commitment and life often gets in the way... That's perfectly normal! You can always adjust the start/finish dates to sort of customize where you are so that you're back on track.

I think purchasing outside study schedules are very similar to looking for a silver bullet; a magic schedule that is suddenly going to work. Just break down your own study sessions into hour long chunks. Do what you can when you can. My only real suggestion is to set aside specific times each day/week that are going to be for studying. Your brain will get used to studying at the same time everyday, and it will get easier with time.

If you're going through the CC for the first time, take your time, take notes, and make sure you are understanding all of the core concepts before moving on to the next lesson. If it takes a little longer than the schedule suggests, that's completely ok. Studying for the LSAT such a personalized thing that following a strict/hour-by-hour study schedule is probably not very useful.