Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supplemental material.

naptime79naptime79 Free Trial Member
in General 10 karma

So I've been looking into books to help me better prepare beginning my pt's. I've obviously ran across powerscore, but am unsure as to whether or not it's worth it due to the reviews I see here and there. Suggestions?

Comments

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

If u havent enrolled in 7sage. I suggest the core curriculum. After that i like the Lsat Trainer, and iv heard great things about the Manhattan prep Reading Comprehension section

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Have you gone through a program yet?

For the cost of a trilogy of books, you can get the 7Sage full starter course. That would be my first suggestion. If you're not a pro at games, there is nothing better out there.

As far as guides go, I honestly don't think it makes much of a difference. I would have to suggest Manhattan or The LSAT Trainer over the Powerscore series, though ultimately it’s going to be whatever works for you. Powerscore just has all of the trademarked names for their gimmicks that I found annoying. It takes a while for them to get to the point and most of their books are filled with moderately helpful examples but lack a lot of actual techniques.

• naptime79naptime79 Free Trial Member
    10 karma

@"Alex Divine" I haven't taken any precursor courses yet, I've been hesitant to really jump into anything. I want to be pretty sure if something before I start. I have some reservations about the books I've come across and wanted a second opinion. Would you say the course prepares you well for LR, LG, and RC sections?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I feel you. I spent a month sitting in on classes, skimming books, and ultimately after a free trial with 7Sage found that it was by far my favorite course. It’s also about 1/10th of the other classes I looked at...

Yeah it will prepare you you as good as anything for all 3 sections of the test. It also has built-in problem sets for drilling and the ultimate packages have even more amazing features. The Great thing is you can upgrade at anytime!