Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

December and February?

Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member

Any December testers out there planning on signing up for February also? I'm debating this plan. Since we won't have scores until after the deadline for February sign ups, we have the option to register for Feb now and receive a full refund as long as we cancel within about a week after Dec scores are released. December will be my first take (I pushed back from both June and September knowing I wasn't ready), and I'm nervous about having only 1 shot for this cycle. At least if I take February, I could use a higher score then for scholarship negotiations, right? Anyone else planning on signing up for both of these? Is this a good plan? I guess it's low risk since I could cancel, but just coughing up more and more money along the way is tough. Sigh.

Comments

  • akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited October 2017 9361 karma

    Yes, I am already signed up for December & February as well!

  • LindsMitchLindsMitch Alum Member
    589 karma

    I signed up for February just in case too. Seemed like a no-lose situation to me.

  • BDBD Legacy Member
    128 karma

    Yup, on this boat as well. You're not alone!

  • LauraC829LauraC829 Alum Member
    218 karma

    Do most top 20 schools accept the February exam? I hadn't thought of doing this, but it would be a good idea since I'm also applying with the Dec. score alone!

  • NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

    JY suggest always signing up the administration following your test date. He says it can help with the psychological aspect of a looming test date... knowing you have a backup may alleviate some of that. Practically speaking it makes sense too. As you say, you can cancel for a refund. But also, shit happens and you may need that retake.

  • NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

    Do most top 20 schools accept the February exam? I hadn't thought of doing this, but it would be a good idea since I'm also applying with the Dec. score alone!

    @LauraC829 most schools do but not all so be sure to check. You could be accepted to a school based on your december take, score higher in feb, and use that score to negotiate. Or you could be waitlisted and use an improved Feb score to get acceptance.

  • SamiSami Alum Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10710 karma

    @"Leah M B" said:
    Any December testers out there planning on signing up for February also? I'm debating this plan. Since we won't have scores until after the deadline for February sign ups, we have the option to register for Feb now and receive a full refund as long as we cancel within about a week after Dec scores are released. December will be my first take (I pushed back from both June and September knowing I wasn't ready), and I'm nervous about having only 1 shot for this cycle. At least if I take February, I could use a higher score then for scholarship negotiations, right? Anyone else planning on signing up for both of these? Is this a good plan? I guess it's low risk since I could cancel, but just coughing up more and more money along the way is tough. Sigh.

    I think this is a great plan <3 .

    Also, being registered for February will take the stress off performance when you take December which can really help you perform better.

    I agree that the money is a bit hefty but even a few points that it may help you give is well worth it.

Sign In or Register to comment.