Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Was your score improvement gradual or sudden?

Tom_TangoTom_Tango Alum Member
in General 902 karma

So definitely a long grind for me- small incremental increases. I just started BRing in the low 170s. My timed sections are still in the 160s however. Still focusing on accuracy especially in the LR sections and I usually don't finish them.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2017 23929 karma

My improvement was relatively sudden for about the first 10 points and then pretty gradual from there. Though I think a lot of that improvement was just learning the format of the test, diagramming, and conditional logic. After I made that initial jump, my score improvement became much slower. I think my experience is pretty typical from what I've seen.

I think you're right to focus on accuracy first. Speed will come with accuracy + practice. But you need to have the accuracy first.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

First jump was huge and sudden (151 -160) because I learned logic games.

Every point after that has been a slow struggle to earn lol

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

I started off with the LSAT Trainer then got a 10 point jump pretty quickly. Then kind of plateaued and didnt move at all. Decided to switch to 7Sage after that. Still on the CC so haven't done any PTs under the curriculum yet .. hoping to see a sudden jump again! lol

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I feel like it kind of depends on where you started. It seems like most folks with diagnostics in the 140s up to about low 150s have an initial jump because a lot of that has to do with basics, format of the test, etc. Seems like from about mid 150s and up it is more of a grind.

My progress personally has been very, very gradual haha. Up a few, back down a few. Hovered just a few points above diagnostic for quite a while and just now starting to feel like I’m consistently improving.

• acsimonacsimon Alum Member
    1269 karma

Incremental discrete "jumps", for me...but I wouldn't worry about that so much as keepin' your head down and grindin' it out right now.Good luck--A.c.S

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

initial jump from 148 to158 was sudden... just comfort with the types of questions being asked. from there i hit a wall before joining 7sage. i stopped PTing for the cc and when i started up again, i was hitting 165+. now i'm at that familiar progression hurdle. the key for the current hurdle is skipping strategies.

so i guess it's both for me. following long periods of grueling studying and drilling, i see sustained spikes.

• 193 karma

Slow hard fought gradual consistent gains.

• lgsb0629lgsb0629 Alum Member
    100 karma

Painfully slow, would go up two points, stay the same, go down a point, then go up a few more points, stay the same, go down a point, then go up two more points. I hear it's like this.

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

Shockingly sudden. I went from 158-160ish to 165 (w/ a high of 170 and BR around 175). in about a month. Now that I've gotten that 170, I know I can do that on the real day. But this was also after I had finished FPing and drilling LR