Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you believe your LSAT score accurately represents your past performance or future promise?

Hello everyone,

I am currently filling out a law school application form and there is a section that asks me, "Do you believe your LSAT score accurately represents your past performance or future promise?" If you bubble in "No," it gives you 1000 characters to explain yourself, and I believe this serves as the addendum because there is no section where you can upload a file to serve as an addendum.

I also understand that you should not write an addendum if you do not have a REALLY good reason other than wishing you had done better. At the end of the day, I did not get my desired score despite all my hard work. However, in my heart, I do not believe my LSAT score accurately represents my ability to succeed in law school. I feel like I should not write an addendum because I don't have a really good reason other than I underperformed.

Therefore, my question is:

Do you guys suggest I write within the 1000 characters given or should I just press "No?" If I press "No," will law schools see that and view it negatively (believing that I believe it accurately represents my ability to succeed)? I don't want to press "No" with a score below their median and have it hurt me or have them think negatively of me.

Thank you for reading this and for the replies I hope to get.

Comments

• joyrider8joyrider8 Alum Member
    edited December 2017 52 karma

I recognize this question from the UCLA application. I skipped the question (even though the answer was no) and was accepted. Just skip it unless you have multiple scores, a wide range of scores, or a valid reason to write an addendum.

• Tom_TangoTom_Tango Alum Member
    902 karma

future

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited December 2017 3072 karma

For you, maybe it's best to say it represents your past performance. That is to say, you will improve in the future since you under-performed and so the low score represents your past performance.

Also could just skip it.

• alaa.11alaa.11 Free Trial Member
    33 karma

Will answering this question strengthen your application? Based on the answer you will know what to do. Also, the LSAT is typically viewed as an accurate measure of your future performance in law school as defined by LSAC and a few universities I've applied to. Unless you can build a case for yourself move on to the next question.