Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC CAS

tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
in General 2573 karma

Hey, guys! I haven't registered for CAS yet. Isn't this where you get your GPA? My undergrad GPA was 3.18 and my GPA from my paralegal certificate is 3.7. Is that considered grad school? Anybody have any insight and can possibly give me a rough estimate of what my GPA would be?

Comments

• LindsMitchLindsMitch Alum Member
    589 karma

I am quite certain LSAC will only take into account your undergrad GPA, so your LSAC GPA will likely be around 3.18 (though sometimes it fluctuates slightly). Any courses you take post-first undergraduate degree do not count towards LSAC GPA.

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@LindsMitch ok thx! I had no clue.

• Sarah889Sarah889 Alum Member
    877 karma

I got my paralegal certificate too and they factored my GPA from those courses into my LSAC GPA as well. They consider everything.

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@Sarah889 ok. Good to know. Thx!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I think it depends on if the certificate was completed before or after you finished your bachelors. If it’s after, then no they won’t include it.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Seconding Leah's comment. Per the website, they're using college coursework (including any college courses taken in high school) from work done before your first bachelor's degree but not any school work afterwards, though they'll still consider the post-college work to be "soft" factors.