Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reviewing RC

jack.igoejack.igoe Member
in General 544 karma

Hey Everyone,

I was just going through my BR process for PT73 and was wondering how you all review RC. My process is that I go back to any passages where I have circled questions and then read those again. However, this time I really mark up the passage and try to annotate a lot of it. After that, I go and try the question that I circled for that passage.

Does anyone have any suggestions that could help me really glean more knowledge from my review process?

Thanks!

Comments

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10795 karma

Hey Jackie,

So for RC I obtain a clean copy and write down low and high resolution summaries for any passage that I had any questions circled for. After that, for any questions I had circled for that passage I write down the question type and what its asking me and I write an in-depth explanation of why each answer is right vs wrong. After I have done that for every question that I had circled for review under time, I check my answer. Then I listen to JY's explanation and make sure that I have the correct reasoning for eliminating or keeping something.

After I have done this for all the passages I need to review, I write in my journal some of the key issues that led me to miss those questions and then I try to figure out a strategy/drill to address that mistake.

I hope this helps. Best of luck.

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

I also think it's important that most (like, 7/8) questions can be tied directly to a line in the passage. I find that really helpful because it gives you a concrete reason. And then I'm more likely to do that during the actual section, so it builds good habits.

• jack.igoejack.igoe Member
    544 karma

@Sami said:

Hey Jackie,

So for RC I obtain a clean copy and write down low and high resolution summaries for any passage that I had any questions circled for. After that, for any questions I had circled for that passage I write down the question type and what its asking me and I write an in-depth explanation of why each answer is right vs wrong. After I have done that for every question that I had circled for review under time, I check my answer. Then I listen to JY's explanation and make sure that I have the correct reasoning for eliminating or keeping something.

After I have done this for all the passages I need to review, I write in my journal some of the key issues that led me to miss those questions and then I try to figure out a strategy/drill to address that mistake.

I hope this helps. Best of luck.

Thanks so much! I usually do the high/lo res stuff but I think I may need to get more in depth on my answer choice explanations.

• jack.igoejack.igoe Member
    544 karma

@kimmy_m66 said:
    I also think it's important that most (like, 7/8) questions can be tied directly to a line in the passage. I find that really helpful because it gives you a concrete reason. And then I'm more likely to do that during the actual section, so it builds good habits.

Yeah for sure. I usually try and find line references wherever I can as well.