Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More USED PTs vs more 7Sage Course Videos

Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
edited September 2014 in September 2014 LSAT 1049 karma
After a ton of hard work, I'm breaking 170 and want to ensure 170 on test day or do better. I have only 1 new PT left which I'll take before the LSAT next week....

But for the rest of my time I'm debating whether to redo some old PTS (there were some recent ones I did before deciding not to take the December LSAT last year) or just watching videos from 7Sage that I haven't done yet.

I've taken other courses before so I only used about 1/4 of the 7sage course videos to help in Key Areas. But I do like the 7Sage method overall and I wonder if it's better to use the rest of the course material (and practice) to really refine my approach.

So redo a couple old recent PTs or more 7Sage videos and practice? Thoughts?

Comments

• joegotbored-1joegotbored-1 Alum Member
    802 karma
    Only watch the videos for the sections/question types you're not perfect in. You clearly already have a good system - don't mess with that a week before the test. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I'd do a mix of old PTs, and really old games. The early games were super weird, much like the game from 72 and 71.

Good luck!
  • Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    1049 karma
    Thanks - which old games do you mean (ie very early on, 40-60, earlier?)?

Any particular PTs for games?
  • joegotbored-1joegotbored-1 Alum Member
    802 karma
    I mean like super early, like from PTs 1-12. If you've got them through 7Sage or the books, definitely look them over. They're super bizarre. A significant number of JY's videos for those games start with this phrase, " so this game is really weird, probably not that helpful for modern LSATs." I think as a result of PT 71 and PT 72, he has since gone back on a number of these and said... actually, this is all fair game. If you're already good at normal games, doing more of them probably won't benefit you much. Doing super weird games might. Probably won't hurt, at the very least.

PT 4 Game 4 was a bit odd.
    PT 6 Games 3 and 4 were unusual too.
    PT 8 Game 2
    PT 12 Game 4

The early ones are odd. Odd I tell you. Odd.
  • Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    1049 karma
    Thanks so much - I really appreciate the help!