Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A professor emailed me back about an LOR long after I asked her and I already have two LORs. Advice?

bobbutwith8charactersbobbutwith8characters Free Trial Member
edited November 2017 in Law School Admissions 89 karma

Sorry for the curt title, not enough room for politely asking for advice :P

Anyways

I emailed her a month ago, and she only responded now. Furthermore, she said she could only write one after January.

I already got two LORs from other professors so I don't exactly need it. That being said, I'd still like to have it just in case. How should I respond?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@bobbutwith8characters said:
    Sorry for the curt title, not enough room for politely asking for advice :P

Anyways

I emailed her a month ago, and she only responded now. Furthermore, she said she could only write one after January.

I already got two LORs from other professors so I don't exactly need it. That being said, I'd still like to have it just in case. How should I respond?

Are you applying after January? If so, take her up on it and have a 3rd just in case.

• bobbutwith8charactersbobbutwith8characters Free Trial Member
    89 karma

@"Alex Divine" I'm trying to submit my applications before Thanksgiving, with a personal deadline of November 10 for Cornell's early binding decision.

However, my LSAT is one point below a lot of the lower T14 medians (166). So I'm also anticipating the possibility of needing to apply next cycle after getting some work experience and/or retaking the LSAT a third time.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@bobbutwith8characters said:
    @"Alex Divine" I'm trying to submit my applications before Thanksgiving, with a personal deadline of November 10 for Cornell's early binding decision.

However, my LSAT is one point below a lot of the lower T14 medians (166). So I'm also anticipating the possibility of needing to apply next cycle after getting some work experience and/or retaking the LSAT a third time.

Hmm... Yeah, I don't see the harm in getting a 3rd letter and saving it for possible use in the future.

Good luck!

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Keep person in loop. You might need a letter later, like if you're trying to get off a waiting list.