Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking A Break from Studying.....Feeling Discouraged

Brazil020511Brazil020511 Alum Member
in General 429 karma

Hello Everyone! I recently took a PT and I was very sad by the results. I am still in the 150s after hours of drilling and reviewing (Started in 146). My last pt was an 152 and this pt was a 152. I took a month in between the two test solely for drilling by type. My weakest is LG, but I have not started really fool proofing solely LG. I have put more time in LR and I am seeing results but it varies dramatically per section. For example, last pt I got only 9 right on the first LR and 18 right on the second LR section. I have went back to CC and went over some weak areas. Yet, this does not seem to be enough. For the sake of transparency, my BR score is in the 160s. (161 this last pt, 165 the pt before that one). However, I am at a lost. Because of this, I think I just need a break. Being in school has been difficult because I put more time in the LSAT then my own studies and I feel like I'm not seeing adequate results. Any opinions on whether I should take a break for the rest of this semester and start back in January? Has anyone took that long of a break and found it helpful. Thank you.

Should I take a break?
  1. Should I take a break from the LSAT for the rest of the semester?18 votes
    1. Yes
      55.56%
    2. No
      44.44%

Comments

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

When are you planning on taking the exam?

• Brazil020511Brazil020511 Alum Member
    429 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" said:
    When are you planning on taking the exam?

I am planning for June 2018 but I am open for sept 2018.

• jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member
    630 karma

When I took a break last year, I pretty much had to start over. I would just do some type of reviewing, drilling LR every day and take some days off between. But then again, it really depends on your individual needs and what works for you.

What is your target score for test day? If it's above 165, I would keep working away and dedicate a few hours a week to work on LSAT material, especially fool-proofing logic games. You'll see huge improvements.

1777 karma

If you are done or almost done with the CC I would definitely take a break. As long as you have 4-5 months to PT, I don't think your score will suffer at all.

1777 karma

Don't forget, your GPA is an important law school admissions factor, too!

429 karma

@jennybbbbb said:
    What is your target score for test day?

It is definitely above a 165.

Thank you all! @"samantha.ashley92" You are right! My GPA is important. It's difficult to balance both having school,job, LSAT prep, and career prep. So, I'm just freaking out I guess.

• KayyyyyyyKayyyyyyy Free Trial Member
    346 karma

Even taking a break of a few days can help you reset your mind and bring a fresh approach. Remind yourself that you still have a lot of time between now and June -- LSAT improvement wasn't linear for me and I found that maintaining my optimism (even naively so) going into all of the practice tests was an important requirement for being able to see improvement.

429 karma

@Kayyyyyyy said:
    Even taking a break of a few days can help you reset your mind and bring a fresh approach. Remind yourself that you still have a lot of time between now and June -- LSAT improvement wasn't linear for me and I found that maintaining my optimism (even naively so) going into all of the practice tests was an important requirement for being able to see improvement.

True! I think that is important. I think a few days off will be a nice reset. Thank you!