Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Typo in Email to Admissions Office...

Sarah889Sarah889 Alum Member
edited November 2017 in Law School Admissions 877 karma

So...I'm pretty sure that the title explains itself. I am usually anal about my outgoing emails, especially when they are to law school admissions offices. I reread this specific email like 10 times and ended up having to change something, but didn't notice that I needed to change it in two spots. Basically, I had to change the quantity of something from 2 to 3, but only did it in one place.

"...I took 3 classes at [X Institution] in [X years] before I was enrolled full-time in any undergraduate institution. Those 2 classes show up on my transcript and contribute to my overall GPA..."

What are the chances this will hurt me? I sent it to a T14 school...do they consult previous emails from applicants when looking at their applications?

I AM SO MAD THAT I DID THIS!

Comments

• NicholasDayNicholasDay Alum Member
    86 karma

Don't sweat it, you'll be fine. Just triple check next time!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Nah, this won't hurt you. Even if they realize the typo, they won't care.

Whenever I have to send an important email/document, I print it out and read it out loud. That seems to catch 99% of typos.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Been there before--reading it a few times, making little changes, reading more, then finding mistakes in the sent version. So I get it. One trick that could help is sending it to yourself first.