Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please send help

arantzacebarantzaceb Free Trial Member
edited November 2017 in December 2017 LSAT 11 karma

So this is my first time posting and not sure how much background I should give lol

I’ve taken the LSAT once in September 2016 and I had only been studying for about 2 months and I also got really nervous and during the exam I kept changing my answers, and I got a 149.

I took a break from studying after that and started re studying in July 2017 and I signed up for the September exam but I hadn’t scored during my PTs in the 160s so I withdrew and signed up for the December LSAT. And right now my average is 157.7 for 28 PTs, my goal is to score 165 and the highest I’ve scored so far is a 163 one time, two weeks ago on PT 31. I'm not sure if I should just take the December LSAT and hope I get in the 160s and apply this cycle (my goal is to get into a T14 law school) or if I should take the February one since everything is kinda still fresh in my head and use that score to be really early for next cycle.

I'm just so conflicted because the last two months all of my BR are 170 and above, I even got a 179 on one ?

I would really appreciate any advice! Thanks in advance!

Comments

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

If you really want to get into a T14 you should delay the exam. You have to go into test day under the assumption that you could get nervous and score worse than your PTs, and also that every test is different. If you're constantly PTing 170, you may wind up with a 167 on test day. Does that make sense?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" said:
    If you really want to get into a T14 you should delay the exam. You have to go into test day under the assumption that you could get nervous and score worse than your PTs, and also that every test is different. If you're constantly PTing 170, you may wind up with a 167 on test day. Does that make sense?

Like Samantha recommends above me, no need to rush. If you're capable of BR'ing in the 170s I definitely think you have the potential to score that 165.

Make sure you review thoroughly after each and every PT using the 7Sage blind review method. https://7sage.com/the-blind-review-how-to-correctly-prep-for-lsat-part-1/

Also check out sage's @"Cant Get Right" (scored a 176 this September) webinar on how to approach your studying. https://7sage.com/the-blind-review-how-to-correctly-prep-for-lsat-part-1/

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

I wonder about tutoring.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    I wonder about tutoring.

I definitely think tutors are invaluable. I would just recommend leaning and improving all you can first though. So if you haven't gone through the CC or drilled a good amount, you may want to hold off.

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

If t14 is your goal, you are definitely going to want to postpone. Applying late in this cycle you probably need a 165 minimum.
    Also, high BR means you understand the concepts quite well, it's probably timing that you struggle with. Unfortunately timing problems are hard to diagnose. I would suggest recording yourself PTing and look for question types that you spend over 1 minute on and drill those, or consider skipping them to save time for questions more in your wheelhouse.
    In addition, more practice helps speed. Which also means pushing back to February or June 2018