Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Improving memory

keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
in General 6045 karma

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for improving memory and retention? I'm still on the LR section of the core curriculum but I think it could be something that would be helpful for all sections. I have noticed that while I have a better understanding of the structure of the stimulus, sometimes I do have to go back and reread the stimulus for details, especially when I'm down to two answer choices. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

@keets993 said:
    sometimes I do have to go back and reread the stimulus for details, especially when I'm down to two answer choices. Thanks in advance!

You and me both! So, we just can't hold the entire stimulus in our heads. The question then is deciding what we take with us. This needs to be a very concise summary of the argument which would only include the types of critical details that would really affect our understanding of the argument. Anything outside of that, and you'll likely need to reference back. With increased experience, you'll learn to recognize the type of details that they can use to trip you up in the ACs and kind of make a note of them on the front end. Even so though, it's your concise summary that you should be relying on primarily.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

@"Cant Get Right" thanks Josh! PS your workshop the other day was super helpful.