Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What PT's are used for LR Drilling?

Hey 7sagers,

I have started to focus on doing individual untimed/timed sections and question type drilling to tackle Logical Reasoning.
I've saved PT 50~80+ for full time PT's and dedicated PT 1~49 for drilling (QT+ Sections). More specifically, I have designated PT 1~20 for question type drilling and PT 21~49 for section drills.
I'm wondering if this is similar to how you guys are drilling LR.
If possible, could you also share at which point (after how many section drills/QT drills) you started to see improvement in the section?
I'm unsure how many sections I should be doing per week to gain stamina and develop a sense to do well on LR.

any help is appreciated!
Thank you!

Comments

• Prudenter DiscerePrudenter Discere Alum Member
    234 karma

Hey!
    I would definitely save PT 1-20 for question type drills. However if you are trying to drill for stamina, you need to be practicing doing fully times PT, timed section might help increase your stamina for a section, but not for the entire test. The real test feels like 3-4hr marathon. Basically when you are taking 35min timed section, your training for sprints, when you got to train for a marathon.
    FIrst, you want to focus on doing BLIND REVIEW any LR section you take whether it be question type drill, an LR section, or fully timed PT, because that is how you are going to improve in the section. Take BLIND REVIEWING very seriously. That is how you learn and it is really slow process. You might Blind Review a section from anywhere from 2hr to 5hrs or more, depending on your level of comprehension of LR question. That is how you are going to improve.
    Second, for stamina, you could start with take fully timed 4 sections test, take 3 sections in a row with a break of 15 min for the 4 section. Then move on to take 4 sections PT with no breaks. Then move on to take 5 section PT with a break after the section 3. Then if you want to stamina never be a a worry take a 6 section PT with a break after section 3. Oh one last thing, i don't know your timeline, but you want to save those fully timed PTs from 50~80, start from PT~36.

• BumblebeeBumblebee Member
    640 karma

@lsathabib thank you so much for your help!! I will definitely BR wholeheartedly for each section that I complete and build up the stamina by the methods you suggested. could you tell me what you mean in the last part, start from PT~36?
    Thank you!!

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

I would keep PT 40 and up for taking PT's. 1-35 in my opinion are pretty sufficient for drilling and depending on how long you are in for you can really end up using all the PT's. As you finish a certain set you can always use them for drills. For example, if you start at at PT 40 and get done all the way to 49. Now you can use the 40 series for drills.

Also, the core-curriculum uses PT 1-35 for drilling and there are plenty of drill packets that most people don't even completely finish. So it will automatically use the older PT's for you. Once you are done, the recommendation is that you take PT 36 as a full PT.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@LSATlife said:
    Hey 7sagers,

I have started to focus on doing individual untimed/timed sections and question type drilling to tackle Logical Reasoning.
    I've saved PT 50~80+ for full time PT's and dedicated PT 1~49 for drilling (QT+ Sections). More specifically, I have designated PT 1~20 for question type drilling and PT 21~49 for section drills.
    I'm wondering if this is similar to how you guys are drilling LR.
    If possible, could you also share at which point (after how many section drills/QT drills) you started to see improvement in the section?
    I'm unsure how many sections I should be doing per week to gain stamina and develop a sense to do well on LR.

any help is appreciated!
    Thank you!

How are you fundamentals? Have you gone through the CC?

I saw improvements almost right away without much drilling. However, I plateaued around -4 on LR for a while and saw major improvements after about 8-10 LR sections according to my LSAT log. These ~10 sections were done in conjunction with specific question type drilling. Hundreds of questions would be my guess.

I don't think there is any set number of sections to take per week. It depends on if you're also taking full practice tests. I think the right amount will be in a large part determined by where you are in your studies.

I used PTs 1-38 for drilling by type. I found that more than enough material for learning and drilling purposes (I still haven't gotten through it all).

After that, I think what tests you should use should be determined by how close you are to your target score, how long your prep timeline is, and lastly, what your goal score is.

Try to save at least 62-82 for full PTs. More is better.

• Prudenter DiscerePrudenter Discere Alum Member
    234 karma

@LSATlife said:
    @lsathabib thank you so much for your help!! I will definitely BR wholeheartedly for each section that I complete and build up the stamina by the methods you suggested. could you tell me what you mean in the last part, start from PT~36?
    Thank you!!

I just meant that you should start your full PT from PT 36 instead of later PT 50

• BumblebeeBumblebee Member
    640 karma

@Sami
    @"Alex Divine"
    @lsathabib

Thank you guys for helpful responses!! I will apply them to my prep! :)