Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much should I do before December 2017?

karenkarenkarenkaren Alum Member
edited November 2017 in December 2017 LSAT 116 karma

With about two weeks left until the test, I am wondering how many PTs I should take and what to focus on.

I've been studying for a year and have taken 27 PTs total with an average of 170.5 on on PT65 to 75. My goal has been 175 on PTs so that I can be pretty sure I get 170+ on the test, but I am cognizant that that might not happen. LR and RC fluctuate from -1 to -5 and LG is mostly perfect.

I have PT 76 through 82 left. How many do you all think I should do?

I am curious about the experiences of people who did a lot of PTs before the test and those that did few.

I am worried about burn out but my energy levels have been good and I am mostly enjoying studying at this point.

I am also BRing thoroughly with clean copies.

I feel like I have a solid grasp on CC -- I lose points on details, inattention, and bad timing. I feel that most of my issues are strategic, which is why I feel I should be still taking tests in the first place.

Anyone in a similar boat?

Comments

• In a very similar boat but I've already taken PTs 76-82. These would be fresh for you, right?

Also, is this the first time you'll be sitting for the test?

This will be a retake for me, and I did not pump the brakes the couple of weeks leading up to my first test. This time, I think I will. Like you, the questions I'm getting wrong are usually from a misread. I don't think I'll get measurably better in any area before test day. I think it's just about being fresh enough to come in to the test strong and ready. I'll take a few PTs and do a few sections in the meantime so I don't get rusty.

Another questions for those in a similar boat - Is it better doing earlier PTs (in the 30s) that are fresh or PTs in the 70s that I've already done and studied months ago.

Looking forward to hearing more feedback on this thread.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

I've heard to take 2 exams a week, BRing them thoroughly, followed by drilling the apparent weaknesses. I would just do the 4-5 newest ones. It is way more important that you get enough sleep for the last week than to take one extra PT.

• Harmmanb-1Harmmanb-1 Alum Member
    126 karma

Pts in the 30s are absolutley fine to do. There is not that much of a differance. The mechanics are essentially the same. PTs 1 - 15ish is a differant story, but still usefull. Just do the newest ones you have and move backwards to lowerd numbered pts.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

At this point compared to the quantity of prep you have already done anything in the next two weeks is going to be negligible. So the goal is not really to improve. It is to walk into the test comfortable and score at the top of your current ability range.

To do that you don't want to do nothing for the next two weeks. You also definitely don't want to burn out you want to find some happy medium where you are doing enough that the real LSAT still feels like just part of your routine and not so little that it is a mind numbingly boring part of your routine that you just want to end.

I think that is at least two PTs, but probably not more than 4. I'd probably also mix in a little other prep.

The first time I took it, I took at least 14 PTs in the two weeks before my LSAT because I only studied for 3 weeks. That kind of last minute heavy studying had mixed results(it boosted my mean score fast, but I slightly underscored that score on the real test). The second time for the September test, I took 4 PTs a week most weeks for 3 months alongside foolproofing, but backed off in the last two weeks and took only 3 PTs in the last two weeks with only 1 in the final week. I outscored my average on the last twenty PTs by 4 and tied my previous best.

• karenkarenkarenkaren Alum Member
    116 karma

thanks @"Seeking Perfection". That's really helpful and encouraging.