Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I buy seperate PTs or upgrade?

Chelsey ChenChelsey Chen Member
in General 38 karma

Hey guys,

I write the December LSAT so i am doing as many PTs as i can now until then. I had the beginner course bought, and i did the PTs until 44, and today i did PT 60. I want to do more recent tests before the LSAT, but would you recommend me upgrading for 170 and do just the rest of the PTs up to 58 (I think that comes with the upgrade), or doing more recent ones and buying them separately? (since i obviously wont have time to do all the PTs if i upgrade by paying 370).

I just want an opinion on whether its fine for me to continue doing older PTs, or if i should just do the new ones instead.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@taranjot said:
    Hey guys,

I write the December LSAT so i am doing as many PTs as i can now until then. I had the beginner course bought, and i did the PTs until 44, and today i did PT 60. I want to do more recent tests before the LSAT, but would you recommend me upgrading for 170 and do just the rest of the PTs up to 58 (I think that comes with the upgrade), or doing more recent ones and buying them separately? (since i obviously wont have time to do all the PTs if i upgrade by paying 370).

I just want an opinion on whether its fine for me to continue doing older PTs, or if i should just do the new ones instead.

I think you should absolutely focus on doing newer tests. With only a little more than a couple weeks left, you may be cutting it kind of close. I hope you are pretty much hitting at or above your target score on the older tests. If not, you may want to re-consider sitting for the test in December and instead take more time to take/review newer tests. While the concepts have more or less remained the same, the newer tests certainly seem to have what I would consider a different style and voice. Perhaps you noticed this a bit when taking PT60.

In any case, do whatever you can to get your hands on some of the newer tests from the 70 or 80s series test. I would suggest buying them on here so you can print them multiple times and have access to the explanations as well.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@taranjot said:
    Hey guys,

This depends. Have you considered retaking in the future? Do you feel 100% prepared for December? Is your PT score in your target range? Are you dead set on applying this cycle?

Answering these questions might help you a bit.

If December is your end goal - with no future retaking and applying this cycle I would say buy individual.

If you can foresee a situation where you retake, wait a cycle, or you just don’t feel really confident in yourself, I’d then recommend maybe looking into the upgrade.

See if you can answer these questions, and it might point you in the right direction!