Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acceptable Photo Fears

ssilguero.85ssilguero.85 Free Trial Member
in General 12 karma

I uploaded a picture when I registered that I had, which I felt was mostly acceptable but had intentions on replacing it with a better, more suitable photo. By the time I took it and when to upload it, I had missed the deadline and now I'm freaking out that my original photo isn't as acceptable as I thought at first. I emailed LSAC support and they basically said it is up to the test center supervisor. I know that if I am denied entry to taking the test, I forfeit my registration and am ineligible for a refund. This is stressing me out on top of the regular already anxious about the test jitters I already have.

Does anyone have any advice? My plan currently is to just show up and look as much like that photo as I can (I am wearing my glasses but I usually wear my contacts so I will have my glasses on). I mean worst case scenario, I don't get in, I have to register for the next LSAT, etc. but I really just want to take this exam already and call it a day.

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Like you said, there is nothing you can do. It all comes down to the proctors on the day of the test. I would do your best to calm your nerves right now, stressing about it does no good. It's one of those "wait and see" type things. It's not worth getting worked up over because it may harm your score.

Just do your best to look like the photo, be polite, and if they ask explain what happened. That's all you can do.

I wouldn't worry toooooo much. I've seen a lot of people get in with messed up photos because it still looked like them!

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Yeah. I agree with @LSATcantwin . At this point, more of your energy should be on fine-tuning timing strategies, and getting yourself in a good headspace to ace the exam. I have seen an ID picture with a plant in the background being accepted. Good luck and I hope it works out :smile:

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

Unless you look completely different than your picture, I don't imagine a proctor will be a dick about you not looking exactly like your picture. But yeah, if you have glasses on in your pic, bring glasses and wear them when they check your ticket.